Ch. 9 "Everyone Hail to the Pumpkin King "

This was the chapter that I had to re-write. It's not going to be very good. Sorry :/

~October 31~

The sun started to peak through the window and flood into my room. Only about 7:30 in the morning. Or was that the time I woke up? I don't know, I've been up for a while. To check my thoughts I reached for my phone, 8:45.

I noticed there was a message on my phone, standing out of the other many notifications. I clicked on it and it was from Jensen, asking me if I have any plans for tonight. Oh yeah. Halloween is today.

'Nope.'

'Okay, you should join us tonight.'

'Trick or Treating, dumbass'

'Oh sorry
I guess Sam and I will join.'

'Okay, 5:30 sound good?'

'Yeah, see you then.'

I turned my phone off and tossed it back  on the night stand. I stayed in my warm bed with Koda for about ten minutes. I finally sighed and got up, walking towards the bathroom to take a shower.

I stood in the shower and began to think about some things. Sam will have to start school soon. I kinda want to wait because all the things that just happened, I don't want to pit stress on them. Things have already been stressful here, for me at least, we had to put furniture in the house and decorate it. Maybe tonight it won't be stressful, it'll give us a break, again, maybe.

Also for tonight I'll have yo break Sam the news and sign up Sam for school. Tomorrow we'll have to...go shopping...again.  Could just order supplies but it won't arrive in time. Sam will be going to school with Jensen's kids so I know Sam will probably be going on Wednesday.

I'm afraid Sam will get bullied. I hope there would be more kids like them so they won't be the only one called out. Sam doesn't really like people, also that they don't talk they may not make any friends....

____________________

I finished up my shower and went to Sam's room. They sat on their bed, with both dogs, cuddling with their dog bat stuffed animal and watching something on their phone. A drawing pad with a pencil not too far away. I sat down next to them, their head instantly snaping over to look at me.

"Hey," I put me hand on their shoulder. "Jensen wants to have us go trick or treating with him. You up for it?"

They bitch faced me. Was that a stupid question? They cracked a smile and nodded.

'I am going, it's Halloween, I'm going.'

"Kinda sounded a little stupid to ask. I just wanted to ask because..."Sam cut me off by nodding. "Um, we kinda gotta decide what to dress up as."

Sam nodded again. 'I got it.'

"Well then, I'll go make breakfast. Pumpkin cinnamon rolls?"

'Help?'

"Yep, you can. Go wash your hands."

___________________________________

A bit after breakfast Sam and I were snuggled up on the couch. I was going through my phone, while Sam was staring around the room. I think this is the time to sign Sam up for school. Break them the news later. I looked up the website and then went through the form.

I got through most of it, some of the questions I'll have to ask Sam about. In the mean time I guess I'll just lay here.

Sam made a discomforted sound and wiggled around so they could lay down. I followed suit and curled up behind them. I turned on the TV and turned on some fix up car show. Sam tends to like these type of shows, I think.
____________________________