The Massacre at Hawkins Lab (Part 5)

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"This is taking way too long." I said, pacing around the storage room with El.

"No, he said we need to wait." El grabbed my hand to stop me from walking out the door.

"We've been waiting long enough. Why hasn't he come back yet?"

"Maybe-" El said, but she was interrupted by an alarm.

I barely even heard the alarm and it was super faint, but it was definitely going off. "Six..." El whispered to me, and I hushed her.

"Stay here." I whispered back. "I'm going to go check it out."

"No, you can't leave me." El had a worried look on her face.

"I won't be long. I just want to see what's actually happening. If anything else goes south, I'll come and find you."

"Be careful..." El whimpered.

I nodded and started to walk out of the storage room. As I walked out slowly, I closed the door quickly behind me, since I saw guards lying lifeless on the ground.

I gasped.

The florescent lights went off, and I heard something on one of the walkie-talkies. I went over to investigate. As I walked closer, I could hear the sounds of warbled screaming children, and my eyes were filled with horror. It was too distorted to hear as I turned it up to listen more.

I turned around to see El peeking out from behind, but I didn't say anything else. I told her to go back in, just in case.

I went down the hallway and turned to see what else went wrong. The first thing I saw was Papa and Ten lying on the ground. I couldn't tell if Papa was dead, but Ten most certainly was.

I made sure El wasn't still behind me, and I continued to walk down the hallway. It got worse wherever I went. Blood was splattered on white, tiled walls with guards and children sprawled out on the floors. All dead.

Suddenly, I felt a stinging pain. My hand reached for my forehead, and I managed to stay upright.

No, not again. Not now.

I was trying not to react as I saw more of my brothers and sisters' lying with their arms and legs disfigured. I ended up in the rainbow room where the rest of the children lay motionless.

Up ahead, I saw One killing Two.

Two eyes were being gorged out, and he was floating up against the wall, struggling in pain. I watched, speechless.

I couldn't even recognize One anymore. He's a murderer.

Just then, Two's bones snapped and he fell to the ground. He stopped moving.

"Oh my god..." I managed to say.

"You're by yourself?" One asked, and he wasn't even looking at me.

I tried to catch my breath out of fear. "El?!" I shouted, and started to run back out of the room. The door closed on me, and I couldn't budge it open. "El! No! Don't hurt her!"

"How can I hurt her? When it's just you and me and we're alone...in the rainbow room?" One asked. He walked over to me, slowly, and I took a step back. "Six, you're so small...and precious." He lifted my head up to look at him. "Yet, you still care for them. After everything they did to you? After what she did? Hmm...?" He hummed in a way that made me tremble in fear. He seemed to like that. "You think you need them, but you don't. They called you a failure, Six. You don't need them. You're scared. It's okay, sweetheart. I was scared once too."