Chapter 20

Ava's P.O.V

He didn't say anything; just stood there like a fucking statue, so I walked away before he could see my eyes get watery. Now, I'm not going to lie; I was hoping that he would chase after me and hug me from behind and then tell me how he actually likes me and just doesn't want to ruin our friendship, kinda like what happens in the movies. But then I remember that this is not the movies, this is real life. Funny how a bad night can go from great to bad again. I wiped away the tears from my cheeks and walked outside where I saw Charlie? He was leaning against the wall with a cigarette in one hand. I walked over to him and when he saw me he looked surprised.

"Why are you out here, Charlie?"

"I should be asking you the same thing, pretty." I chuckled at his words and he said, "Thinking. Contemplating. I don't know." I nodded my head saying, "Makes the two of us. I didn't know you smoked?" He shrugged and said, "I don't. I only do it when I'm thinking." I nodded my head slowly without saying anything. It felt right. The silence. "Wann try? It's not that bad. Just don't become addicted." I chuckled at his warning and took the cigarette. I put it in my mouth and inhaled. I puffed out a cloud of white smoke. We were taking turns, until Charlie grabbed my hand and pulled me. "Where are we going?"

I looked at him and he smiled. "I need to show you something." I nodded my head and just let him guide me. We finally arrived at an old building and I got scared. "Charlie, are you going to kill me?" He chuckled and shook his head. "No, of course not." He looked at me and smiled evilly. "Charlie!" He started laughing and said, "Sorry, but it was funny." I playfully rolled my eyes as we began walking up some stairs. When we got to the top there was a door and I was about to open it but Charlie stopped me. "Wait, close your eyes first. Nevermind, you'll peek. I'll cover them." He put his hands over my eyes and I heard him open the door. "Ready?" I heard his whisper. I nodded my head and he took his hands off my eyes. To say the sight in front of me was breathtaking, is an understatement.

"How?" I asked him, not taking my eyes off the breathtaking sight.

"I don't even know. I was exploring and I just came across it. I started coming here every night." I nodded my head saying, "Wow. I can imagine all the girls you've brought up here." What he said next, surprised me. "Actually, you're the first one." I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. He scratched the back of his neck and said, "I don't know, it just seemed like you needed a place you could come and be alone. Ya know? Get away from yourself and all your thoughts." Right then and there, I don't know why, but I felt the need to hug him. "You're different than most girls. Like different good." All I did was hug him. He was surprised because he stiffened, but soon enough relaxed his hands on my waist. I didn't like him as more than a friend but I don't know. I just needed a hug. We broke apart and sat on the edge of the balcony. No, we weren't trying to be suicidal or bad asses. We spent the rest of the night just talking about life.

*PING* *PING* *PING*

From: Zoeee

Hey, where are you?!!!

To: Zoeee

Sorry, I'm with Charlie. I'll be home soon, don't worry xx

From: Zoeee

Could've told the boys because they're looking for you! Oh yeah, what happened with Jai? x

To: Zoeee

Ohhh right, sorry. Nothing, why? xx

From: Zoeee

We'll talk at home, bye xx

I shut my phone and sighed. "What's up?" Charlie asked. I shook my head saying, "I have to get home." He nodded his head and said, "Hey, it's okay. You're always welcome here. We can share." I nodded my head and smiled. We walked back to the bar since his car was there, and we headed to Zoe's house. We finally arrived and Charlie turned the car off. "We're here." I sighed and nodded my head. I opened the door and was about to get off, but Charlie's voice stopped me. "Hey, he'll come through." I turned to look at him and said, "Who?" He ignored my question and said, "It's pretty obvious you like him." I blushed and he chuckled. "The way you look at him, makes it pretty obvious."

"Evidently not enough," I muttered. He just chuckled but said, "He will, he will." I smiled but before leaving I turned to Charlie one last time and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you Charlie." He smiled and nodded his head. "Anytime pretty thing." I laughed and got out of the car. I was about to knock but the door flew open. And trust me, it was about to get loud. A very angry Zoe was standing in the doorway with her hands on her hips, looking like an angry mom instead of an angry teenager. I nervously chuckled and said, "Hey Zozo." That's what I called her when she was angry or sad, to calm her down, but deep down I knew right now it wouldn't work. "Don't 'Zozo' me, Ava." I was correct. Man, she was really mad because she said my name. I was getting cold, so I tried to step in but she stopped me and said, "No no. You are not going in until you tell me what happened with Jai and why did you leave with Charlie?" I frowned and started whyning,"But it's cold." She shrugged and said, "Not my problem, now spill."

I sighed and for some odd reason, I started to cry. Zoe looked panicked and said, "No, Ava, I didn't mean to make you cry. I just- I was just worried about you." I shook my head and wiped the tears. "It wasn't you Zoe, I just, ugh." Her face softened and she grabbed each of my shoulders. "What happened with Jai, Ava?" I looked at her and said, "Honestly? I don't even know. It's my fault for these stupid feelings." She looked confused and said, "Feelings?" I sighed and ran a hand through my hair since I messed up the bun, so I just let my hair down. "So you know how I told you about Justin but then I said there was two guys...?" I looked down, but when she didn't say anything, I looked back up at her and she had a confused face. "Yeah, so....." I stayed quiet until finally she made an oh-I-get-it-now-face. "Oh my god... you like Jai?" I nodded my head slowly and she hugged me. "Oh wow, I'm sorry. But what happened with him though?" I proceeded to explain everything that happened in L.A, from the minute we got there and came back. I told her how he had kissed me and until now talked about it, and how he said it meant nothing and everything, of how I walked out and saw Charlie with a cigarette. I left out the view because I wanted that to be something between me and Charlie since I'm the only girl he's brought up there and it's a special place for him, and now me as well.

She nodded her head and said, "Wow. So what are you going to do now?"

"Well, he obviously doesn't feel anything, so I have to give Justin a chance." I smiled just thinking about him. Zoe nodded her head and smiled. "Don't be sad Ava, I mean just don't pretend to like Justin to get over Jai or make him jealous." I didn't get mad at her comment but listened to her because Justin is a great guy and doesn't deserve that.

A.N Hey guys! Hope you're liking the story so far! Well ily guys and byeeee. Thx and remember to VOTE & COMMENT! <3