5 - Dead in a Dumpster

That evening, Espresso and Madeleine are walking back to Espresso's house after watching one of Mint Choco's performances.

Madeleine looks up at Espresso, "Did you enjoy the show?"

"Of course! He has wonderful music."

"You were staring at him the whole time.."

"I was watching him play the violin. That's.. The point of the performance isn't it?"

"Oh.. I guess you're right!"

When they get inside, Madeleine sees the picture frame in the hallway and gasps, "YOU STILL HAVE THE PICTURE!"

"Yes. You should head home now."

Madeleine pouts.

Espresso rolls his eyes and leans down, kissing him on the forehead, "I swear you better not tell anyone about that."

Madeleine does a thumbs up, "My lips are sealed! For.. that in particular!"

Madeleine smiles and leaves the house, going home to relax. After taking off his metal armor and hanging his sword on the wall gently, he goes into his kitchen and opens his fridge. "Oh yeah, I haven't been here in so long.."

The fridge is empty. "Espresso must've gotten rid of the food around when it went bad."

He grabs a cup and fills it with water. He drinks it before going to his room.

He doesn't fall asleep immediately though.

*+*Around Midnight*+*

Mint Choco sighs, "Of course we ran out of marshmallows when Cocoa was getting ready for bed. Why couldn't Herb or Sparkling take care of this?"

He's on his way to one of the stores that's open 24/7.

As he passes one of the alleyways, he hears something fall over. He turns to see a shadow standing there, "Hello..?"

No response. The shadow raises their hand, which has a sword in it.

Mint Choco's eyes widen. He starts running to the store, but he trips.

He tries to scream for help, but magic cuts off his voice.

The cookie grabs his ankle and drags him back to the alleyway. They throw him against a dumpster.

Mint Choco scrambles to his feet, now realizing that the only exit is blocked by the cookie.

He tries to back away, but the cookie charges at him, stabbing him through the chest.

Mint Choco coughs and gasps. The cookie glares at him with sharp blue eyes, "You shouldn't have come out at night. It's dangerous."

Minto Choco is shaking, his speech returning, "Wh- Why.. ? !"

The cookie chuckles, pulling the sword out of his chest, "Goodnight."

Mint Choco tries to use the small amount of healing magic he has, but it isn't enough.

He collapses, now dead.