Chapter Thirteen

Thank you loves for viewing. Please, leave a vote and your lovely comments for me🥰🥰.

Note- No offense to any body that's chubby. I consider myself fat too and I am please with my body. The use of it is for the story.

Moving on....

.....

Jasmine

The chocolate drink was so delicious that I wanted to bury myself in it forever, but nevertheless, I had to watch my weight.

Roman wouldn't be too pleased if I looked like a watermelon on our wedding day. I pointedly ignored the stares of the annoying couple as I focused on eating my pecan pie dipped in corn syrup.

"That's disgusting. You have a fork. Why are you using your hand?" Lucinda scoffed, glaring at me in disgust.

I looked at my palm and smirked. "It's perfect eating it this way. You get more flavor, and you can lick your hands afterward."

Lucinda looked like she might puke any minute from watching me eat.

A hand slammed on the table, and I jumped in response.

"You're going to be a lady here soon, and you're eating like a pig. Aren't you ashamed of yourself? Is this a plan worked out between you and Roman? Because from what I know of my brother, he wouldn't fall for someone like you. So tell me, what are you both up to?" Maverick uttered.

I gasped in false outrage. "What if I tell you that it's none of your business between Roman and me?"

Maverick looked enraged. "You don't want to cross my path, little girl. You better mind the way you speak to me, or..."

I cut him off. "Or nothing. You're all sick in the head thinking you're higher than God. You will do nothing to me. I am going to be married soon, and I will do what I want to do."

Maverick stood up, and Lucinda gasped as she held his arm when he wanted to hit me. I stood up, feeling a bit shocked and a little afraid.

"Calm down, Maverick; she's just a little girl. She doesn't know what she's saying."

"Oh, really? If Roman is not going to teach her how to behave, then I will help him out."

"You will do no such thing."

I turned back towards the approaching Roman and Mario, feeling somewhat relieved to see him. I didn't know what Maverick could have done. Roman glared at me, and I shuddered from his piercing gaze.

"Stay away from Jasmine, brother."

"You should teach your whore a lesson, teach her to know who is superior to her. She's got no right to talk back to me."

"Jasmine is just defending herself from any..." Roman sneered in mockery while he stared at the furious couple. "Possible threats and awful personalities."

I think that did it for Maverick as he stormed towards Roman with quick steps, throwing a hard punch at the latter's face, earning a shriek from Lucinda. Mario looked horrified, while I just stared in shock at the display in front of me. Maverick held Roman's collar tightly while the victim stared flatly at his attacker in boredom.