Chapter 20

My eyes were burning, but I was sunken into clouds, all I could see was soft yellow but all I felt was soft fabric. I was comfortable, my body felt dense, like I was weighted down but in the most satisfying way, I couldn't move even if I wanted to.

That was... until I opened my eyes.

I groaned loudly, and flipped over, squishing a pillow over my head to block out the harsh sunrise that was cutting through the room. It was early, early enough to feel the passing effects of alcohol leave my body.

My head pounded due to the light, my stomach was queasy, my head was foggy, and my body was sore. I was sure I hadn't drunken that much to feel this unpleasant in the morning, but evidently, I was wrong.

"Good morning, Sunshine."

What? No.

I stopped groaning and froze immediately, not wanting to believe I just heard what I just heard from someone I really didn't want to see while I was in this condition.

What was he doing in my room? And why was my room so bright?

I didn't want to roll over and find out, I knew if I moved my head would start pounding, and I would probably vomit.

"I will shut the curtains when you get out of bed." Fenrisúlfr sounded close, standing right by the bed. I felt a hand press against the pillow I held over my head, "We will be marching within the hour." He attempted to pull the pillow away, but I gripped tight. I heard him stifle a laugh, "I've had a maid pack your things, and a horse has been saddled for the journey, however, you must leave the bed at some point." I heard him walk away, and next, the covers were pulled off me.

"Nooo!" Distracted I turned around, sitting up I scrambled after the duvet at the foot of the bed. When I reached to grab it, Fenrisúlfr threw it on the floor.

Smirking he said, "You'll have to get up to get it."

I groaned, slouching on my knees, and placed my head in my hands, trying to block out the light, "What time is it?"

"Just after dawn," He replied, closing the drapes a little, cutting out the sun that was shining on the bed. However, it still reflected brightly off the white walls, so little difference was made.

Wait.

White walls?

No.

"Ahh!" I scrambled for a pillow and covered the front half of my body, looking around wildly, I realised I was still in Fenrisúlfr's room, in his bed, and in a different set of clothes!

I looked down, I was definitely in another set of clothes, silk night clothing to be precise. My shoes were gone, and my hair was loose. There was also an empty tray littered with crumbs on the nightstand. Which brought up the memories of stuffing my mouth with pastries, lying down in the bed, and refusing to move when Fenrisúlfr suggested I wash up.

"Oh dear," I groaned again. "Did you change my clothes?"

"I did." He responded simply.

My cheeks heated up in embarrassment. "I'm so sorry." I mumbled, knowing myself passing out in Fenrisúlfr's bed was not keeping to his boundary rules, and was, if not a lot, quite sloppy of me.

"As uncooperative and stubborn as you were last night, it was hard to say no when you were barely capable of standing on your own, letting you sleep here was probably your best bet."

"Best bet for what?" I asked quietly, looking down in embarrassment.

"For not injuring yourself." He replied, walking towards me with two glasses, one was filled with a cloudy white liquid, and the other was filled with what looked like orange juice. He handed me the cloudy glass, "Drink all of this, then drink this." He mentioned to his other hand holding the juice.