Who Am I?

(Authors Note: sup mfs.)

I am the eye of the spider.

With the eye the spider prospers. The head can see its surroundings and tell the legs where they will go to catch their prey and tactfully make it's getaway with the setup of their sticky traps. Together with the eye, head and legs the spider is complete and in full control.

Without the eye the head of the spider cannot see, it loses that sense of sight, and so then the legs can not tell where their path will take them. Whether it be into the safety of their web, or into the mouth of a predator who will tear it limb from limb.

The eye is a vital part of the spider, one taken for granted.

My name is Kyra Lecia, a child from no records who was born in Meteor City. I lived my childhood in that junkyard city before I became the eye of the spider, scrummaging through the scraps and pieces of diverse cultures from the countless countries who used the city as their dump. Estimated to have eight to ten million residents I was but one of them who crawled my way through the garbage and found my own treasure.

And by treasure I do not mean riches, sure I came upon those sorts of things from time to time, but what I found in Meteor City was something I had only dreamed of having handed to me in the palm of my very own hand.

A purpose.

I was granted the title of the eye of the spider after being recruited into the Phantom Troupe by a man named Chrollo Lucilfer. I was told I had potential to serve him and become a major part in his plans with a group of others, all coming from the junkyard city, some I knew and others I never faced before.

Such an exhilarating feeling it was to be needed. To this day I am grateful to him for finding me a role to play in life other than being an outcast orphan in the trenches of Meteor City. I was no longer just Kyra Lecia, I was a part of the Phantom Troupe, Chrollo's right hand man.

To represent my position and role I was given a different tattoo compared to the other members of the Phantom Troupe. The others besides Chrollo and myself were the legs of the spider, they were the supporters who followed the orders of the head of the spider, Chrollo, and I am the eye. On their skin they received the tattoo's of a spider with twelve legs and a number on the spider's back, the numbers had no significance, they all simply played rock paper scissors to determine who would get their numbers in the order from 1-6, the other members joining later on to have then ranged from 1-12.

Chrollo, serving as the head of the spider, the leader and founder of the Phantom Troupe, had his spider tattoo put on his right arm with the number 0 on it. The only other tattoo he has that I know of is an inverted tattoo of a cross on his forehead he only covers up in public with a cloth headband.

And my tattoo fits my title. On the back of the nape of my neck is the tattoo of a singular open eye with multiple pupils to signify the many eyes of the spider. I remember it tickled when I had it inked into my skin, a few of the members teased me for flinching but I was really just containing my laughter, joining the Phantom Troupe brought me glee and I have been ticklish since I was young.

For the longest time my loyalties lay with the Phantom Troupe, a group of renowned thieves all with Class A bounties. They were all I knew, I stood by them with every new act, no matter what it was, even if it had my stomach churn. I am loyal, for I am the eye of the spider, but that doesn't mean I always agreed with what the head and legs of the spider did.

My morals didn't perfectly match with theirs but I am loyal to a fault.

Though, what would happen if my loyalties were mixed between someone else other than the Phantom Troupe? I couldn't imagine what my life would be like.