Chapter 25: Are You Bored Yet?

Now that Wallows had finished recording, Braeden had a lot of spare time, again. The fall semester had also just begun, so Natalie was back in school. When she wasn't working, she and Braeden spent a lot of evenings together, watching sunsets or having picnics.

Natalie was nervous but also excited to start her senior year of college. There was an inkling of a thought inside her about how she was set to graduate in eight months and she was planning to return to Ohio. These thoughts gave her anxiety, so she pushed them deep down inside her, to worry about later.

One Friday evening, Braeden invited Natalie over. They made pasta together, the back screen-door open to let in a cool breeze. Braeden put a salad together while Natalie prepared the pasta. Fall weather was beginning to arrive in LA, which was Natalie's favorite time of year.

Braeden lit a couple of fall scented candles, the smells of pumpkin and cinnamon filling the house. They ate dinner while watching one of their favorite horror movies, Halloween. Natalie caught Braeden eyeing her.

"Everything okay?" She asked.

He only smiled, dropping his eyes and eating his food.
"Nothing. You just make me so happy," he said softly.

She moved closer to him, pulling him into a big hug. His cologne teased her nose, causing her to melt in his arms.

"What did I do to deserve you?" He spoke, voice muffled by her head.

She looked at him, searching his eyes. She kissed him, and she had never felt more close to him than in that very moment. Braeden held her tight and kissed her hard.

Natalie stopped to breath for a second, "Um," she stuttered. "It's been a really long time since I've been with somebody," she said, realizing where things were heading.

"Me, too." Braeden said, breathy. "I just want to take care of you..."

She looked at him innocently and their lips met again. Soon enough, Braeden was breathing softly in her ear, planting kisses on her neck. Natalie exclaimed with pleasure.

When morning came, she woke up in Braeden's bed, clothes strewn about the room, wrapped up in each others arms. The sunlight was letting itself into the room through the blinds. Braeden's body was warm against her pale naked skin.

Natalie attempted to get out of bed to dress herself, but Braeden only held her tighter,

"Stay," he groaned sleepily.

A smile appeared on Natalie's lips. Braeden's tired eyes popped open. He yawned and rubbed his eyes for a moment, before flashing a grin at Natalie. He grabbed her arm and pulled her toward him, wrestling her into a big hug. She laughed hysterically. He caught her face and looked her in the eyes. Suddenly, Natalie stopped laughing.

"I love you," he said softly and pursed his lips.

Her eyebrows raised in surprise. She was caught off guard but pleased at the same time.

"I love you, too," she said, resting her head on his shoulder, heart racing.

———————————————————————
A/N: Guys Idk if any of you follow Jennessa (Braeden's ex) on instagram but she posted on her story that she was at the Wallows show last night. Also, on her tik tok she said she was going to see her "friend" (Braeden, duh) perform. So now I just really want them to get back together 🥺😅But anyways, sorry I haven't written in a while. Hope you enjoyed this update!