Chapter 1: (Prom night)

I opened the door to the huge house i'd been staying in the last four years and walked quietly to the kitchen. My little sister would have gotten here sooner since she practically ran home from school in a rush. She was excited about the dance that was to happen tonight at school.  An end of the year dance. The school board like to call it a 'salutations until next year' dance. 

Roxy was all giddy because this was her first dance. She didn't get to go last year because she broke her leg 30 minutes before the dance, jumping up and down on a trampoline. But get this, she didnt even know whose trampoline it was. Ridiculous and stupid, right? But I held the sixteen year old at the hospital anyway until she couldn't cry anymore. She wasnt crying from physical pain. See, my sister feels every emotion to her very soul, and her disappointment about not getting to go to the dance was overwhelming to her. 

I didn't get to go to the dance either because I was taking care of her, but I was fine with that. I wasn't much into going to dances, or anything that had to do with dressing up really. Of course I had friends, and of course they tried every which way to persuade me to go, but I still refused. Okay, so I had one friend. I'm not that popular. So what? And, technically, I didn't quite refuse. I made a bargain with her, promising that if she didn't make me go this year, then I would go the next. This is unfortunately the next, and I was in no rush to get all dolled up, which I was sure she would make me do. It is, after all, the last dance I would ever go to at Pricewood High.  It's my Senior year.

You'd think I'd be excited. Well I'm not. I just never got into the pink frilly dresses, and high heels. I wasn't a complete tomboy, but I wasn't the kind to wear fancy clothes everyday, and wear more than my weight in makeup. I liked wearing T-shirts and jeans or capris, but some days I would dress up the slightest bit. This was not one of those days. I wore a pair of faded skinny jeans, and a T-shirt that had my favorite football team across the front. We're werewolves. That doesn't mean we're totally disconnected from the world. 

As I walked into the kitchen to get a granola bar, I realized the house was too quiet. "Roxy", I shouted, looking up as if I could see through the second floor. "Uh, hey Rose, I'm upstairs", she shouted sounding out of breath and startled. Immediately, I knew she was up to something, and I sprinted through the hall ways and up the stairs with my faster than average werewolf speed to where her voice sounded from. She better not be in my room! I've told her a thousand times to stay out! 

As I rounded the banister at the top of the stairs, I saw her small frame creeping out of my room with something in her hand. She didn't realize I was right behind her because she faced in the way of her bedroom, at the end of the hall. So I did what any older sister would do. I ran up behind her and tackled her. I know it wasn't nice, but then again, when are sisters ever nice to each other?

She wheezed out a startled cry right before her face hit the floor. "Wait, wait", she coughed out, as I was now sitting on top of her. "I need my face tonight, I need to look pretty," she exclaimed.

"What do you have in your hands," I questioned her calmly. I was surprised she held it with her on the way down, and now it was tucked protectively underneath her stomach where I couldn't see.

"Uh...nothing" she stammered. She had always been a terrible liar, while I was the one that would come up with fibs on the spot. I needed to with the people we lived with.

"Roxy," I warned.

"Oh, for craps sake!

I cant do anything in this freaking house," she muttered angrily. She wriggled her arms out from beneath her with something clutched in her hand.

I picked it up off the floor where she discarded it and realized it was my makeup pouch. "You could have just asked." I climbed off her. "I would let you borrow my makeup, and maybe even put it on you," I said quietly. Didn't she know I would do that for her? Even though we may fight, we are always there for each other. Always. Even for the littlest of things.