Chapter 3: (No such luck)

Of course I felt the hole is my chest. Of course I felt my heart quiver, and my world turn at an angle that left me unadjusted and off balance. And as I let my head fall down in defeat, to look at my moving feet below me as if they were the most interesting thing in the world, I decided that he had no right to judge me. None of these people do.

So I raised my head and held my chin up high, giving me an unobstructed view of all the people that I've known for my whole life, and at one point, a very long time ago, treated me kindly, with respect. But still, despite what they have heard of me, even if it was from their Beta, which is probably who started the rumors, they were not allowed to look at me as they all were now.

Now, as they formed an entrance to the once closed off cirlce, I could see their hatred toward me vividly. And one i was secured in the circle, the people behind me falling back to fill in the gap, I glanced around once again. They all wore the same mask, all of them. Even some of my parents best friends.

As I ended my search, my eyes fell on Gary, my sister, and the young man, who I still haven't learnt his name yet. And as much as I tried to act brave, with no reaction to all of their glares, I flinched as I saw just how much the young man with beautiful greenish -blue eyes hated me. I looked back to my sister, to take my mind off him, and reminded myself that I was yet to think of a plan. It was something that would keep my mind occupied, instead of listening to the steady stream of whispers and sometimes shout of the people of my pack. 

I was finally released when I was placed in the middle of the field and just like that, if they weren't already, all eyes were on me. Roxy was still held in position about 8 feet to my left, as Gary took my right side. My body tensed with just how close he was, and when he raised his left hand, I flinched back violently, thinking that he was going to hit me again. I just couldn't take any more pain.

I realized though, he was calling everyone to order, for my exile to begin, but he had a slight smirk on his face. I released a breath I didn't know I was still holding and visibly relaxed. I looked all around, seeing if anyone saw my stupid actions. They could add another thing to the list that they thought was wrong about me.

My search was cut short when piercing green-blue eyes came into my line of sight. He still stood a good 10 feet away, but he had a weary look on his face. And as he began to approach me, my heart grew frantic, beating out of control, and i'm sure my eyes widened. I was subconsciously keeping tabs on what Gary was saying. 

"This exile is for Rosalie Fragment. She is being exiled for several severe acts of disobedience, that cause upheaval in all of our lives..."

Ands that's as much as I heard, because the young man was now only 2 feet away from me, peering at my scratched and dirt covered face. My mate still had a look of hatred on his face, but one of curiosity as well. He turned and shouted at no one in particular for them to bring him a damp rag. He waited patiently for someone to take a rag and dip it in a stream near by and bring it to him.

When he reached for my face with the rag, with no intentions to be gentle, i flinched again and stumbled back almost falling, but crying out as Gary was behind me in a flash, heaving me back up by my shoulder that was torn out of my socket by him only yesterday.

The pain was so unbearably bad that I continued to scream out, unable to stop because he now held my arms at an angle at my back, only tightening when I tried to move away. Tightening to a point that tears started running down my face. Suddenly the pain lessened and I fell to the ground, still sobbing. My uninjured arm held onto my aching one, and only when I looked up slightly did I see the young man looking down at me with a look I couldn't describe, though was nowhere near pity. 

"Get up." 

So I did, because there was a note in his order that left no room for argument. 

"Stand still." His orders were harsh, and not wanting anymore pain bestowed upon me, I stood still.