Getting Into Art

Harry had been brought by Petunia to an art exhibit. She didn't want Vernon knowing how much she loved it. A zoo or a museum was one thing but art gallery? No.

So Harry got to see the new painting being brought in.

'The painted world of Ariamis'

A land where the unwanted are kept

Harry stared at the painting and was so mesmerized by it Petunia had to shake him to snap him out of it.

After the tour was over they went back to the painting.

Harry had tripped on the ratty, hand-me-down shoes he had to wear and ended up knocking Petunia into the painting with him.

The crisp breeze gave sign that Harry wasn't in London anymore.

"Freak what did you do?!" Petunia said looking around and realized that they were on a rope bridge that had a massive hole in one direction.

"I didn't do anything." Harry said "If we can't go back the way we came we can at least go forward and get off this bridge."

They walked until they found a unlit campfire. Harry looked around before igniting it with his wand. "If we're anywhere in Britain the ministry will be coming to find us for using that."

Petunia sat at the fire shivering. "Why is it so bloody cold!"

"If you want to put something somewhere that it can't escape wouldn't it make sense to make the place really cold or really hot?" Harry asked.

"Point taken. But why aren't you cold?" Petunia asked.

"Magic adaptivity." Harry said "Expose a magical to an element long enough say locking a young child in a deep freezer and they eventually adapt to the conditions."

Petunia bowed her head. "How are we going to get out of here?"

"I'll go search for help." Harry said turning towards the stone steps.

"Don't leave me here alone." Petunia said.

"Fine let's go." Harry said as they moved to the stairs.

"Zombie!" Petunia screamed as a moaning sickly creature walked over to them.

Harry blasted it's head off and saw two more coming. He fired off a few stunners and they were down.

Harry looked at one and said "Soul rot."

"What?"

"Soul rot. This creature's soul was in it's body too long. As if something was causing it return to it's vessel after death." Harry said before burning them with a spell "It would be a bad idea to leave any pieces alive."

Harry found a rapier and surprisingly a few spells on scrolls.

After a few hours of exploring they found what looked to be a man petrified holding something.

Harry picked it up and said "I think this is an enchanted ember. They used these to smith weapons back in Merlin's time. Why would this be here?"

"I don't know but what is that?!" Petunia screamed as 5 tall creatures with crow wings and heads flew from the sky. They rushed Harry and Petunia.

Harry looked at them just blocking attacks when something went off in his minds.

"Wait a minute. Wait a minute! Praise lady velka!" Harry said and each of the crow demons stopped and looked at him curiously "Your them aren't you? The lost followers of the goddess of sin and intelligence."

One squaked in surprise and all of them flocked Harry as if checking him for something. Harry had revealed a silver medallion with a crow on it held up by a frade black string. Worn from years of wearing it. "My sisters, it is good to meet you."

They all squacked at once and gave him a group hug. "It is good to meet my fellow followers."

"I am completely lost." Petunia said.

"They are the original followers of velka! The goddess of sin and intelligence, and the punisher of the gods." Harry said "Legend says she was as powerful as all the gods combined and she spread that power to her followers. That much power made the gods want to destroy her so she imbedded all her power into her original followers before she was killed and they mysteriously disappeared."

"So they won't kill us?" Petunia asked.

"Me no. You... might want to be rethinking every choice you've ever made." Harry said as all of them were rubbing their heads on his. "Where is the exit?"

One of them pointed to a massive round area and they lead Harry and Petunia to a long stretch of bridge before backing away.

"Don't you want to get out of here?" Harry asked.

They all nodded but one squaked sadly.

"What do you mean it won't let you leave?" Harry asked.

"Squack!"

"Half what?"

"Squack!"

"No way."

"Squack!"

"Your serious." Harry said.

"Can, can you actually understand them?" Petunia asked.

"Yeah they're saying a creature is refusing to let them out." Harry said "I'll see about that creature. In the meantime you girls wait until I get back. Don't worry I will return."

"I won't!" Petunia said before they walked to the bridge