In The Library

Weeks passed and Lucy rarely saw Grayson around the house, she had assumed he made a conscious effort to avoid her.  Lucy had been struggling to fill Mr. Hawthorne's shoes as the heiress.  One day, she was sitting in the mahogany shelved library reading The Secret History.  She had been overwhelmed with her duties and needed something to occupy her mind.  She was busy reading with the morning light peeking over her shoulder when she heard a creaking floorboard from deep in the library.  She stopped reading and looked up to see Grayson's blonde hair over the shelf lined with first editions.  He had an ancient looking book in his hand and was examining it closely.  He didn't seem notice Lucy sitting only yards away.  She didn't dare make a noise to alert him of her presence. 

He put his book back and started over to Lucy's spot.  She debated wether or not she should make a run for it, but truthfully, she really wanted to see him.

He saw Lucy sitting at the wooden desk and looked as if he was about to turn around and bolt, but had decided to stay.   She was glad he did.  "Hi" she said.  She simply couldn't utter any other words than the bare minimum.  "Fancy seeing you here." he said.  "It's my house" Lucy replied.  "And it used to me mine" he said with anger rising in his voice.  The room turned silent.  He looked at Lucy like he regretted what he had said and that he hadn't meant it to sound so cold.  "Sorry" he said with sadness in his voice.  "It's alright, I understand". When Lucy stood up to leave, he grabbed her arm.