Defend

After the Trenches oneshot

Blood warning, death, you know war stuff 

(cannon to the actual story)

Third person P.O.V

Year 1915, summer 

Wionna: Three Two, one Lift

THUD!

 Wionna: Okay again Three, Two, One Lift

THUD!

Wionna:Okay aga-

Lucia: ughefenses can we take a break!

Lucia complained panting from lifting up sandbags and piling them on top of each other, along with the Help of Greg but he was to tired to talk.

Lucia: could you pull your finger out your arse and help!, were making this machine gun nest for YOUR girlfriend

She yells taking a step away form the sandbag wall with a ammo box close by it, Greg  looked up at Wionna still panting from moving the heavy sandbags, some sweat running down his face as he tries to control his breathing. 

Wionna: what no I'm  an officer I don't do common soldiers job, I command them to do it

Lucia: oh yeah but weren't you the one that gave the speech about helping your fellow comrade in arms no matter your rank? 

Wionna: oh that, hah that was just to get peoples morale 

Lucia huffed giving Wionna the two fingers and then turning around looking down the street that they were positioned in ready for the enemy to march down the road and get lit up by gunfire, the town that they were in has not been touched by the claws of war just yet, so the houses are still intact.

They weren't in the town alone oh no there were about 300 other soldiers with them, and artillery guns in the hidden in the nearby forest along with two cavalry units ready to help the rifle men if needed, what then plan was is that they are going to defend the town from the enemy, easy enough right?, with all of there preparations it'll be a walk in the park right? well no with them only having 300 soldiers the enemy has 600 coming there way! 

The officers tolled the soldiers that the enemy only have 300 like them to ease there minds and not start a panic. 

back with Lucia and the ... gang, they were still throwing sandbag after sandbag, and to spice it up abut Wionna made Lucia and Greg set up some barb wire, after the defences were put up it was time to play the waiting game, Lucia and the others just sat around the machine gun nest chatting here and there, Greg sharpening his knife, Wionna making the most un funny jokes you could think of, Bree setting up the Lewis gun and Lucia was sitting on some sandbags with her rifle between her legs, tapping on the stock of it occasionally  looking out down the street for any movement. 

Lucia had a love hate relationship with just waiting for the enemy to start there attack, she liked it because it was the only time she could rest and sort of relax, he hated it because of the fear of death and the worry of if she cant keep the enemy at bay. 

Lucia: hey Wionna when do you think they'll be here?

Wionna: we sent out scouts so they'll inform us when they're here, so just sit tight okay

"...."

Greg: what If the scouts are dead?

Bree: we would of heard the gunfire

Lucia: maybe they were killed with a knife or bayonet?

Wionna: I doubt that

Greg: but It could happen

Wionna: we would of heard the screams

Lucia: maybe they covered there mouths

Bree: if there dead just wait

Greg: why would we just wait they could have a sniper on us

Wionna: you guys are just getting yourselves worked up!

Luica: but is could happen!

Bree: guys just stop!

Greg: I don't want to die!

Lucia: don't think like that 

Wionna: WOULD YOU ALL SHUT U-

BANG!   

 They all froze up seeing a fiery explosion shoot up into the air, signalling that the enemy has made there entrees, whistles screeched telling everyone to get ready and proper for the enemy advance, Lucia then jumped off the sandbags grabbing her rifle, bolting it and running in to cover, Bree lifted up her Lewis Gun, Greg go to cover across the road from Lucia and Wionna stood behind Bree holding her Black Webley revolver ready to fight, they all levelled where weapons pointing down the street soon hearing them march on death creep towards them. 

"READY YOURSELVES!" 

A officer in goggles shouted, as the 300 got ready for battle, the oncoming march sounded like drums, getting louder and louder as a song hits then end. 

The enemy was now in view of Bree, Lucia, Greg and Wionna, with a pull of a trigger gunfire rained down the street cutting down the enemy as they drew near. Lucia fired her rifle then pulling the bolt ready to shoot again, now with her fear gone replaced with anger, she hated the enemy there the reason they all are here, the reason she can't watch her younger sister grow up. 

Lucia lined up and enemy solider with in her sights, sending a bullet into here leg, the solider fell to the ground grovelling in pain as they helt there leg with blood spilling everywhere, Lucia pulled back on the bolt of her rifle once again now a firing bullet in the wounded soldiers head, she didn't stop for a second not being fazed that she just killed a human, by now to her it's just second nature. 

The Gunfire drew on, seeming endlessly, the rattle of Bree's machine gun drilling into Lucia's head, the smell of blood polluted the air, the smell would make a normal person sick, but to all of them they were use to it, body's piled up with both sides gaining dead, down the street blood flowed down the road pouring into nearby sewer greats turning the sewer water a tint of red.

The battle soon came to a close, with the enemy retreating out of the town with a few losses. they would rather fight another day, than spend all of there soldiers on a small town. Lucia lowed her rifle and looked apron the dead bodies that were laying down in front of them. 

she panted looking down the road, falling to her knees happy to be a live.

"Looks like we did it"                  

_______________________________________________________

Hey it's me, so I've wanted to make a oneshot with Lucia in the war for a while and look I did it, idk if its good or not, all that I know is that my hand hurt and my hunger for ww1 stuff is satisfied... for now >:)

you guys can go read the book after the trenches, that would be cool ..... yo....

ok bye