Chapter X.V || Dear Sakuta

最後になっても、私はずっとあなたの腕の中にいます。

Dear Sakuta,

Sakuta-kun, if you're seeing this letter, I just want you to know that I've already passed away. I might be waiting right now in the heavens trying to pray for god that I'll be alright in time.

I could've sworn to myself that I am not going to die, but I also told myself that it was only my right decision to do it. I do not want to be a burden to anyone else. It's only right that I go with this, or else all will break loose, again, and again, and again.

I don't know where this all stemmed, in all honesty. Even though I've already told you about my past, I still wouldn't get why am I the problem. Oh well, at least it all went away when I did first.

I am happy that I became your friend from way back. I was glad that you became my first friend out of this world we live in. I am also happy that I get to meet your girlfriend, and your other friends. They became my strength when I needed them the most.

I'm sorry that I had to do this to myself. And I'm already guessing that you're mourning my loss while reading this letter. But not everything lasts forever, right? I hope you understand.

And to you, Mai-san, please take care of him. I haven't admitted this one, but I once had a crush on him back then. But at least tell him that I always loved him, even through thick and thin of our friendship. Please, do not try and do the same thing I did... I've already spoken of my reasons, and never again.

Thank you for being there by my side, Sakuta-kun. It always brings me happiness that you would be able to be there for me. Now, I am returning the favour to you.

When you're down, I'll be at your arms; when things go wrong, I'll be at your arms.

Even at the end of the day, I will always be at your arms.

Goodbye, everyone. It was nice meeting you all throughout this lifetime full of sadness and regrets.

Yours truly,
Mizumi