Chapter VIII | Tomorrow is Today

それでも朝を待っていますが、遠い感じがします。

When I was a kid, I didn't knew if my life in the future would be better or not. I just dreamed of nothing else but me flying in my jet to space.

"Someday, you'll grow up to be a strong person. My little unicorn, I hope you grow up to be just as strong as me." Mother always says that to me all the time.

But, I dunno anymore. That's the only memory of my past. I don't give a righteous damn about what happened to me back then.

I only remember... the beatings.

Yeah that was the past I had. I always thought that my family would love me to the fullest... but I guess I was just being wrong.

They always blame me with the old saying... "THE YOUNGEST GETS IT."

Heheh... I guess I do remember my past.

I didn't think of it back then... I thought this was just normal for everybody else.

After I saw other people... and it made a lot of sense to me now... they hated me.

It was obvious back then that they hate me to the fullest... but not to my young self.

So when I saw that.... I burst into tears of realization.

I tried to get away from them, but because I was so young... I lost track of myself. Not until I found... him.

It was him who saw me first and greeted me with a smile on his face. Nobody else did that to me.

We played around the riverside, even seeing his ice cream fell on the river. I think that was the only time... I had my happiest time.

When my family found me... they picked me up and we went home.

And you know what did I receive? Beatings... they were trying to force me to stop crying, but even I couldn't stop me... it just kept on falling.

As I grew older and older, as I grew more independent from them... I severed ties with them. Finally, I was out of their lives. It was going to be the most peaceful time of my life, right?

No.

Even outside their lives, I can still feel my trauma... of being the reason of hatred. Those traumas got into my everyday life that I felt like everyone's bugging me. I can't even talk to strangers... because of that, I can't even get my own job.

I soon felt the struggle.

At that point, I was just waiting for a sweet release of death. I wished... that I had all the bad luck.