Ten

"What the fuck?", I demanded. " No way in hell can she know, no one does", I started.

Amelia shrugged her shoulders. "I have no idea how but she does, she asked me if all of your scars were healed. When I pretended to not know what she was talking about, she told me that she knows. Everything."

"We've been trying to play it out of her. I tried my many charms but she's got a thing for Laurent". Drake rolled her eyes, offended. " How can she resist me?", he wondered out loud.

I smacked his head with my book. "Focus!".

" We weren't ignoring you". Vaness paused. "Well, we were sort of pissed yesterday when you hugged the devil".

" What would you do that?", Amelia questioned. "That guy is a dickhead".

" No he's not", I said.

They all raised their eyebrows simultaneously.

I rolled my eyes. "He fell out of love with me. It happened and I can't hold a grudge against him forever. Just think about what I did to Steve, Guys. I was still in love with Mark when I was in a relationship with Steve, which is equally wrong to what Mark did. I faked my feelings, made myself believe that they were there when they never were." I took a deep breath. "Maybe what Steve did was karma".

Maybe what Steve and Mark did was karma to me, killing my mother. I could have saved her. But I didn't.

" You can not seriously believe that", Amelia said as she hopped on the counter, coming to my side. "Steve was an abuser, he had a history of abuse as said by the sheriff. It was not your fault the guy was obsessed. "

"He was not obsessed, he was angry".

"You can't seriously be defending him! He hurt you, no matter how so-called angry he was, he should not have hurt you. Nothing he felt can justify his actions", Finn said.

"He killed himself guys", I said quietly. "He killed himself."

Amelia sat on the ground, ducking her head between her knees. Drake and Finn looked at each other as if not knowing what to say and Vaness just looked down at the counter as if it had the vaccine for coronavirus.

"I know you guys hate Mark", I began quietly. " But I don't. Guys, he is just memories, not future. I am not going to give him, or anyone, the power to...fuck me up as much as Mark did. I want you guys to have faith in me. Mark Andrews was one of the most important people in my world, he was my best friend. He left, but that doesn't cross out everything he did for me, everything he did for you".

I looked at Finn. "He punched Jeffery Stark because he was bullying you".

I looked at Drake. " He taught you how to shoot penalties".

I looked at Vaness. "He introduced you to the dark side of the fashion industry".

I looked at Amelia. "He made you try out for the school newspaper".

" Guys, he did so much for us. He really did, what I just told you is not even the fraction of things he did for us. Mark is a really nice guy, the only thing which he did wrong, the only thing he ever did which hurt me, and us is that he broke my heart. And if I can forgive him for doing that, so can all of you because all he ever did for you all is help you".

They stayed quiet. After a moment Drake opened his mouth. "He made me realise how much I love soccer. He was like a big brother to me, always has been".

" He punched Jeffery and then taught me how to fight, no one has ever bullied me after that", Frank said quietly.

"He made me believe in myself, that I was so much more than just a girl with snobby parents."