The Agreement

New York, Presence

Bucky marched through the Stark tower corridors and towards the conference room. Anger bubbled in his chest. He'd thought that his and Kattas reunion would have been different. In his head, Bucky had imagined this moment to be a happy one. He'd thought that there was something between him and Katta. Something more than friendship. He wasn't even that angry about it - but he was angry that he'd deemed her dead, and nobody had cared to correct his assumption.

When he walked into the conference room, Tony, Clint, Steve, Erik, and Fenris sat around a round table, discussing. Fenris got up when he noticed Bucky and walked over, offering his hand. Bucky slapped it away.

"YOU DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TELLING ME THAT SHE WAS ALIVE?!" he snapped.

Fenris backed away, exchanging a knowing look with Erik. 

"DON'T LOOK AT HIM," Bucky yelled. "LOOK AT ME AND TELL ME WHY! ONE CALL WOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH. A-A SIMPLE MESSAGE. ANYTHING!"

"It was better this way," Erik interrupted him harshly. Bucky looked at him, baffled.

"We didn't tell you because she needed time," Erik explained. Bucky glared at him, hoping to get more from him, but Erik remained quiet. It seemed this was everything Bucky would get from him. 

"Where were we?" Fenris asked.

"Ah, yes," Tony said.

"The pictures are deleted?" Erik asked.

"Yes. Without exception. Erased from every data plate, and the analogue copies are destroyed," Clint said.

"They better are," Erik murmured. Fenris shot him a look and proceeded. "You agree to never contact us again, harm, drug or kidnap us and refrain from looking for us, storing data or anything else you could think of. From the moment we leave, we'll never meet again."

"What about Natasha?" Clint asked, nodding towards Erik.

"Nothing 'bout her," Erik mumbled, looking away.

"Well, then, I think we are finished," Fenris stated, getting up. He closed his suit jacket and nodded in the round. Erik got up as well and cleared his throat.

"Well, I guess we owe you a thank you," Steve said. He surrounded the table and shook Eriks and Fenris's hands. Fenris glanced at Bucky, sitting on a chair, looking out the window.

"You're a good guy, Rogers. Just take it easy," Erik sighed.

"I'm sorry. We crossed a few lines there," Clint said.

Fenris shot him a sharp glance, inhaled deeply and nodded. "Was nice to have known you all."

Fenris and Erik got up and went towards the door, leaving one by one. As soon as the door closed behind them, Fenris sighed. "Are you sure it is a good idea to stay away from them completely?"

"Who said we did?" Erik whispered. "As if they ever stuck to an agreement." He unobtrusively placed a bug in the upper corner of the elevator.

"Urgh, you must be kidding me," Fenris snorted, shaking his head.

"What?" Erik shrugged. "I'm just doing the usual." They crossed a few corridors and sat in the foyer, waiting for Katta.

"How long will this take?" Erik asked.

"Not sure," Fenris answered, ordering a coffee.

Erik took out his phone and started a call. Fenris stood up and walked a few steps outside the building when he felt somebody watching him.