Road to Nowhere

I got into the truck and turned the keys into ignition and waited for Evan to gather his things and get in. As I sat inside the truck I thought to myself what could've happened that didn't. We all could've been alive and well heading to California and staying safe from these terrorists.

"Ready?" I asked as Evan got into the truck.

"Yea, but tell me this... what ever happened to your friends?" He asked slowly.

"Nothing you don't need to know... Not right now at least." I answered.
God i hate people who just want to get every single bit of information out of you.
"So where you from?" I asked slowly making sure i wasnt invading anything.
"im from southern ohio around cinncinati, you?" Evan answered.
"Florida around tampa before i moved to st. Augustine." I answered.
Wait! Why the hell am i answering to him!? He could be trying to get information out of me to try and weaken me somehow...
"You have any family? Mom? Dad? Siblings?" He asked wearily
"Why? I should be the one asking the question here not you." I answered calmly
"Just trying to get to know you more-" said evan being cutoff
"You dont need to know shit the only reason im here is because an asshole of a friend decided to fuck up our chances of being friends with the feds instead im basically running from them." I replied while speeding up.
"Well first start off by slowing down and second dont worry about them just get yourself to safety." He answered while i slowed down.
After the next few miles it was silent until i decided to actually try and call them (amanda and caitlyn) to see if they are alright. I decided to call amanda first since she was the last person i saw alive.
*ring* *ring* *ring* Amanda,"hello?"
"Oh thank god your alive." I answered relieved.
"Jesus christ ryan i thought the police arrested you!!!"
"Sorry about caitlyn by the way..." i responded
"What do you mean? Shes alive." Answered amanda
In shock i went dead silent. Amanda hung up and i turned the truck around...