Chapter 3

After one month

Sai was thinking about everything that happened in past one month, how Jagtap has proved to be the best friend she never had. He hasn't made any advances towards her and has behaved in his limits, maybe he is really changed now and won't let her regret the decision of giving him a chance. Both of them went to Savi's school sometimes, because Swadheenta told them to be careful while going there as it may give a point to Virat's lawyer and he can prove them harmful stalkers.

Today is the day that will decide Savi's future and Sai's upcoming life, she was determined to not lose her daughter but it will be wrong to underestimate the cunning Chavan family. She finished drinking her tea and Jagtap called her on phone to inform that he is waiting for her.

Sai grabbed her bag and she prayed before leaving the house "Bappa, aaj mujhe meri beti ke bina ghar wapas matt aane dena, warna aaj ek Maa apni saari umeed haar jayegi." She blinked away the tears forming in her eyes and placed the small idol of Ganpati Bappa in her bag before walking towards the elevator.

..

In the courthouse

Chavan family was already seated outside the court room and Sai reached there with Jagtap. Bhavani looked at her disappointingly "Ye junglee mulgi kaafi nahi thi jo ab humare Samrat ke kaatil ko bhi saath le aayi hai."

Jagtap indicated Sai to ignore all the drama, Virat noticed their comfort level and burned in fury, he wanted to smash Jagtap's head in the nearby wall. How is she so casual with the murderer of her father and her brother like Samrat, but who will tell this man that Jagtap is truly regretting all his crimes and working on his redemption unlike him who is not ready to understand the truth. Jagtap has definitely proved to be a better support in past few days than her so called husband has done in all those years when they were a couple.

Sai mumbled to Jagtap "Tu ja yahan se, police ne dekh liya toh mushkil ho jayegi.".Jagtap muttered while giving a fake smile "Tera pati bhi toh police wala hai." She stomped on his foot, he winced in pain and mumbled "Aaaa...Matlab tera purana pati aur tu darr matt, main sab setting kar liya hai". Sai looked at him disbelief "Tu phir purane kaam karne laga hai kya?" Jagtap rubbed the back of his head "Nahi re, mere Mama ka beta police wala bann gaya hai, wo bacha lega mere ko."

Virat gritted his teeth while looking at both of them, they were talking from the corner of their mouth like kids. He charged towards Sai in anger "Sharam aati hai ki nahi tumhe, koi nahi mila toh ek gunde ka saath pakad liya tumne?"

Jagtap was about to say something, but Sai stopped him and said to Virat "Kyu, aap ek criminal se shaadi kar sakte ho aur main dosti bhi nahi kar sakti?" Virat raised his hand to slap her but stopped when Ninaad mumbled "Virat, sab dekh rahe hai, court mein ho tum"

Jagtap indicated Sai to grab a seat and he muttered looking at Virat "Ye police wala hoke aurat pe haath uthata hai aur mujhe gunda bolta hai, manjhe main anpadh gawar toh criminal, ye padha likha hai toh Police wala." Virat pounced towards him in anger but soon his attention shifted to Savi, who came running towards Sai and sobbed looking at her "Aayi, aap kaha thi, maine aapka kitna wait kia"

Virat tried to pull her back but Savi wrapped arms around Sai's legs while crying loudly "Nahi Aayi, mujhe nahi jana inke saath, ye mere Baba nahi hai, mujhe aapke saath rehna hai".

Virat forcefully pulled her back and gritted his teeth while holding her shoulders harshly "Kitni baar kaha hai, ye tumhari Aayi nahi hai, tumhari Aayi Pakhi hai."

Savi bit his hand and ran towards Jagtap who was coming towards them with two cups of tea and she held his legs while crying loudly "Jags mujhe meri Aayi ke saath jana hai, maine tree pe likha tha na mere Baba ko bulane ke liye, please mita do usko."