Chapter 1

"Vinea, come here and meet our guests" The head of the Berith Family's voice echoed as he motioned for his only daughter to move closer to him and his guests. The 6-year-old girl slowly strode to them as her head lay low, not really wanting to interact with anyone that day.

"Say hello now, this young boy is your fiancé"

She slowly lifted her head to look at her future husband which had been chosen through the power of her family. Her family was known for their future sight, and with that, it was foretold that she would be married to one of the children from the clan of loyal guard dogs.

"Naberius Kalego. It's an honor to meet you, my lady" He said as he extended his hand.

Vinea lifted her own hand for him to hold, as they made contact, he gave the back of her hand a kiss.

'He sounds annoyed.' Vinea thought.

"Berith Vinea" She replied introducing herself.

--

The next few days, the boy kept coming to her household, which was in a way for her to get to know him. He would often be in the guest room and read a book with his sharp gaze, which could literally kill someone, while his visits were for her to get to know him, but he often avoided conversation with her.

"You're here again, Lord Kalego" Vinea said as she came inside the room.

"... Just Kalego is fine, Lady Vinea" He replied not even looking away from the book.

"... Then call me Vinea" She said back which finally caught his attention, truth be told, Kalego was still annoyed at this arranged marriage and called it ridiculous a few times inside his head. When he first saw his so-called fiancée, he got even more annoyed when he saw how weak-willed she was.

Because she didn't look like she cared one bit, she looked like she just wanted to follow all of this without saying anything. It wasn't wrong, Kalego himself didn't like rebellious attitude, but seeing how she was acting like a puppet annoyed him.

It was also probably because he was annoyed that he had already pictured her to be a spoiled girl that didn't wanted this marriage, but was actually surprised at their first meeting where she immediately excuse herself after meeting him.

"Very well... Vinea" A small smile reached her lips as he called her.

"Okay.. Kalego-kun"

At that time, he felt sorry for her because he would probably not give her anything that would make her happy in this marriage because for him, his duty will always be his first priority and she would be second.

But he quickly shrugged that thought away as she didn't even seem to have any care for anything, she was just a quiet kid that was raise as a proper lady to be wed when she reaches of age.

--

He was wrong, that was his first thought after visiting Vinea's house after a few days. 'Why is she climbing a tree?' He thought as he stood dumbfounded in front of the tree. She was not the obedient girl nor the proper lady he had thought of.

"Young Miss! Please come down!" One of her maids shouted with horror in her face.

"Is her leg heal?" A butler asked.

"She got her bandage taken of today" The maid answer.

The maid and butler ran around trying to get her down while Vinea continued to hummed and walk on top of a big branch. She continued to look at the sky like she was longing it. 'That was weird...'

"Lord Kalego! I'm sorry you have to witness such a sight" One of the servants said as he bowed his head.

"... Vinea!" Kalego shouted making her snapped her head to him, a big smile soon reached her lips as her eyes met his.