𝐗𝐈

↳ 𝟎

↳ 𝟎.𝟏𝟏
❝leaving sam's pack❞

𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐁 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑. 𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐈𝐌.

He walked behind Bella and Edward as they led him back to the house. He tried wrapping his brain around what to say to her.

What could make her change her mind about this?

When they walked through the door, Bella and Edward stopped, with their eyes they told him to go alone.

He gave them a curt nod, before launching up the stairs towards the living area.

The rest of the Cullens - beside Rosalie - had despised into their own area. None of them able to stop researching ways for Mariana to survive this.

Leah sat beside Mariana, holding her small hand, and talking to her silently. The two of them in their own world.

Jacob hesitated at the doorway, not sure what to do now. It was better right there, away from the pain figure of Mariana.

It hurt to see her like this, it killed to see her like this.

Mariana felt Jacob's presence making her look away from Leah and towards the boy, giving him a soft smile.

Rosalie growled softly. "Get out, dog," she hissed.

Mariana sighed, looking towards the blonde. "Rose, it's fine. Jake's not going to hurt us."

"It might be a trick," Leah warned, glaring at her pack mate.

She knew Jacob, more than he thought she did and she knew just how far he would go to keep Mariana safe and alive.

Even if it meant killing the one thing that Mariana wasn't willing to lose. Her baby.

"Bella, Carlisle and I will stay in your sight, Leah, Rosalie," Edward said, coming into view behind Jacob, making the wolf step to the side.

He didn't like the idea of a vampire - let alone Edward - behind him.

The emotionless voice was cracking, showing the anger through it. "We're the ones she's afraid of."

"No," Mariana whimpered. Her eyes were glistening, her lashes wet. "No, Edward. I'm not . . ."

Edward cringed at the word choice. Out of everything to cringe about her calling him Edward hurt almost as bad as the fact that she was dying.

He shook his head, smiling a little. The smile was painful even for Jacob to look at. "I didn't mean it that way, Ana. I'm fine. Bella is fine. Don't worry about us."