Chapter Eight: Race Against Time

The Brown Shack- 1915- 10:45PM

Sophie sat eagerly staring out of the front window as she had the last 12 hours. She carried a wooden baseball bat in her hands.

"Lookin' like a real slugger there kiddo." Doc smiled.

"Thanks dad.." she said, sniffling.

He walked up behind his daughter, patting her shoulder.

"It will be okay." He smiled.

"I don't want to lose you." She cried.

"You won't. I swear it." He promised.

"Beep! Beep! Beep!" The time circuits squealed.

"The time circuits!" He shouted.

"Woof! Woof!" Barked Einstein.

"They're here!" Sophie shouted.

Clara lifted up her dress, revealing a holster on it. She pulled a silver revolver off of it, opening the door and pointing it outwards.

"Great Scott!" Doc shouted, looking at the hidden camera footage on the outside of the house that showed the officers approaching the home.

Brady and Scott exited the bedroom and into the kitchen.

"Quick! Out back! Follow the plan!" Doc shouted.

Brady and Scott quickly ran out of the back door.

"Sophie! Quick! Go and hide! Follow the plan!" Doc commanded and she listened, running and hiding.

Dawn was off and up to the loft. She had an old blow dart gun for a weapon. She opened the window and sat in the loft, her mouth hovering over the end of the blow dart gun, ready to pipe the air from her lungs into it when needed.

"Gun down Clara darling!" Doc declared.

Clara lowered her gun as Doc stepped out onto the porch. He stood in the doorway. He held the rifle in his hands.

There stood approximately 10- 15 TTA officers.

The head officer at the front of the pack stood there with his laser gun drawn.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way Brown." The officer said with a scowl.

"Officer...Workman, is it?"Doc asked.

The man standing there was definitely a descendant of Principal Workman and looked identical.

"I am he." He snarled.

"You are under arrest for manipulation of the time stream. Your misdemeanors have racked up even more following your interactions with these children as well. You are all fugitives of the Law of Time." Workman spat.

"We will confiscate your train AND your DeLorean." Workman spoke.

"Surrender." He demanded.

" I don't think so." Doc smiled, stepping down from the porch. The only thing separating him from the TTA officers was his electric fence.

Workman snarled and lifted his pistol to the forehead of Doc Brown.

"You are resisting arrest." He spat.

Doc smirked again.

Brady and Scott snuck out to the barn. They uncovered the DeLorean once again. Scott hopped in, sticking in the key and trying to fire it up. The engine squealed but just wouldn't turn over.

"Hey! What's going on over there!?" Workman shouted.

"Oh must be the neighbors." Doc muttered.

"Stop playing with me Brown!" He shouted, shoving the gun further in his forehead.