Entry #27

December 26th, 1987

I got new books for Christmas. I can't imagine how expensive it was. I received one about how to disguise yourself and another one about the history of Transfiguration. Quite interesting. 

Ron and Ginny, like me, also received socks. Ron is annoyed, Ginny is wearing them on her hands, and I am rather pleased. Mine were getting holes, and Mum knits them herself. I swear she knits magic into them! The twins already are sharing theirs and dancing...oddly. Bill is moody, and Charlie got a sweater for his pet 'dragon'. 

Dad found me reading in the chicken coop and chuckled at me. "I knew I'd find you here. Everything okay, sport?"

I told him I was great, actually. He made sure I was taking the potion for my lungs and I said I was. 

Ron asked me if the work at Hogwarts is too hard. I told him it can be, but older students help me and the professors do too. Ginny asked why I was breathless when climbing the stairs and Bill said, "He's just a wee bit wheezy."

Today I've been reading all day in my quiet bedroom and writing Oliver. I even wrote Penelope! She seems rather...lovely. I keep thinking about Bill and that girl and wondering if I will ever do that. It looks gross but maybe I won't think it is gross when I'm older. 

-Percy Weasley!