Entry #21

December 15th, 1987

I'm currently in the kitchens with the elves. I followed the Bloody Baron here.

I ordinarily wouldn't break rules, but Oliver told me that I already broke two: being late on my first day, and blurting in class.

I felt so guilty and awful when he told me that I broke rules already that I began to panic and had to remake my bed ten times before I even could calm down. Before I could even calm down.

*That entire last paragraph is scribbled out*

Oliver thinks I'm weird now, but he didn't get mad when I told him to please not sit on my bed and wrinkle it. I told him that I just need my things to stay nice and unwrinkled, and then everything will be okay.

I told him that I disappointed McGonagall by not being outgoing like my big brothers are. Oliver said that he heard McGonagall raving about how smart I am a few days ago in the hallway.

I thought he was joking. But he wasn't. He said that McGonagall is considering inviting me to the third year Transfiguration class for perhaps just a half hour.

Oliver then looked alarmed because I began jumping up and down while laughing. I was so excited. I could barely contain myself.

So I went to the kitchens to get snacks to celebrate. Oliver is in the bathroom so I am here alone.

-Percy Weasley