ȳdra daor sylugon se vīlībagon iā zaldrīzes

King Viserys how now ruled over the seven kingdoms for nine years which made his daughters almost grown-up women. Alyssa Targaryen was the oldest one of the only two children, now seventeen and still unmarried. The older girl like many young women was not fond of the thought to marry at such a young age and thanks to her mother Aemma she made a deal with her father, the king to select her husband when she found the one. But the truth was that Alyssa was never searching for a man. She had other priorities. None that her father would have had to understand. But the truth was actually that Alyssa was a black sheep in a family of white. She didn't have a dragon because of the Cannibal who ate it and she was the firstborn child that should off been a son. And that led her to be the family's biggest disappointment.  

Alyssa was standing next to the window looking out at the city, Rheanyra her younger sister was out flying her dragon Syrax and she hoped she may see them, somewhere up in the clouds. A light sound of the dragon was coming from above and soon Syrax flew down almost touching the castle with its wings. Rheanyra was holding her reins tight while she focused on landing her dragon near the dragonpit. A samll smile formed on Alyssa's face, she was missing the feeling of flying and and having the wind in her hair, but she couldn't do anything more than just look at Rheanyra and enjoy the fact that she could fly and feel like a godess.

When The Cannibal ate Alyssa's dragon she felt like her heart was being ripped out of her chest. The dragon was a part of her, and her egg was lying in the cradle while she wasn't even born, so when the dark beast came at night and ate her dragon like it was a meal that has been served to it Alyssa's life turned for the worse. No dragon was willing to be claimed by her, and the dragons that already had riders were afraid of her. So the only thing she could do was to at least watch and be happy that others can at least enjoy this privilege.

When Alyssa made sure that her sister had landed safely on the ground it was time to visit her mother that was extremely tired of the last days of her pregnancy. The girl hated to see her mother like this, trying to give birth to child after child in so many years. Alyssa knew that this is how even she will end up at last. But she promised herself to avoid it as long as it takes. Because she won't die in childbirth, not on the battlefield that is being said to be the battlefield of women. 

With a smile, Alyssa walked into her mother's chambers, the queen was sitting on a much comfortable looking sofa while her maids were walking all around her working.

" Ahh! Alyssa! " Her mother said while trying to find a comfortable position to sit in.

" Mother. " The girl nodded and stepped further into the room. She looked down at her white-haired mother that was all covered in sweat. " It's time soon, is it? " Alyssa remembers almost all of her mother's pregnancies, she knows the first and the last symptoms. The queen nodded and gave her daughter a small smile. The best she could while she was in pain.

"Your father thinks it's a boy. " The queen said laying a hand on her stomach. Alyssa sat down on a chair next to her mother.

" Father is extremely bad at this. " It wasn't supposed to be funny but it came out as it because her mother laughed.

" You are so right, he thought you were going to be a boy, but I always knew. You took all of the young beauty I had away. " Alyssa shook her head.

" You are still the most beautiful woman in the seven kingdoms. " It was true but Aemma continued to laugh while she was still in pain. She then looked around the room.

" Where is your sister? "

" She was flying Syrax the last time I saw her. " Which was just a few minutes ago. Queen Aemma shook her head. She hated when her younger daughter was flying around without her knowing it. Suddenly the door opened and made both the queen and the princess turn their head. 

" Rheanyra! " Their mother said happily about having her both daughters in the same room. " You know I don't like when you are flying when I'm in this condition. " Rheanyra stopped walking towards them.

" You don't like me going flying when you are in any condition. " The younger girl protested.

" Your grace. " Rhaenyras friend, Alicent Hightower was standing a few steps behind her grating their mother.

" God morrow Alicent. " The queen said back. Alyssa stood up, she was not sure if the young lady in her sister's age saw her.

" Princess. " The brown-haired girl quickly added. A bit embarrassed that she didn't see the older princess being in the room.

" Lady Alicent. " The tension in the room began to be noticeable. Alicent and Alyssa were not good friends. And everyone could sense that. Alyssa didn't have anything against Alicent really, she didn't like her father. The hand, and in her opinion he used her daughter. But she couldn't say it out loud, not to her father, the king, or her mother, the queen. And specifically to her sister, that was lady Alicent's greatest friend.

" Did you sleep? " Raenyra walked forward to the mother as she asked.

" I slept. " The queen lied and made both of her daughters look at her at the same time.

" How long? " Reanyra kept asking and sat herself down on the chair that Alyssa was sitting on before she came in. 

" I don't need mothering, Rhaenyra. "

" But here you are, surrounded by attendance that all focus on the babe. Someone has to attend to you. " The queen looked first at Alyssa then Rhaenyra.

" Soon you two will lie in this bed, sooner than later. This discomfort is how we serve the realm. "

" I will rather serve as a night riding out to war. " Alyssa said straight away. That caused her mother to laugh. For a woman being in labor and pain, she had a very good sense of humor.

" We all have royal wounds. The child bed is our battlefield. We must learn to face it with a stiff lip. " Aemma looked at Rhaenyra. " Take a bath you stink dragon. " Alyssa could only dream of wearing that smell on her clothes again. So when Rhaenyra stood up and the smell of dragon came to Alyssa's nostrils she inhaled the scent making her mother look a bit sad.