Soul Mates and Twin Flames

"It's so hard to see him locked up like this

"It's so hard to see him locked up like this."

Lorn sighed at Elena's words glancing to where Stefan lay curled up on a cot groaning in pain. If Elena thought it hurt her, she had no idea how much it hurt the one who considered Stefan her brother. Damon had never forgiven Stefan his transgressions but Lorn had... How could she hold it against him?

"You're the one who locked him up." Damon told Elena with coolness in his tone making Elena frown "You helped."

"I couldn't have him running around chewing on people. While the town was looking for vampires, now, could I?"

"It had nothing to do with you actually caring about him?" Elena sniped causing Damon to roll his eyes "Thats yours and Lorns thing, not mine."

Lorn watched as her husband turned to walk away, and Elena huffed in annoyance "How do you put up with him?"

Lorn smiled "With the knowledge that if I ever killed him I would be terribly bored for the rest of my very long existence."

Elena laughed lightly and sat down nearby "But he's so... Cold and unkind."

Lorn watched the human for a moment before moving to sit beside her. "You mustn't judge Damon to harshly, he had a far tougher change than either Stefan or I did."

Elena frowned "In what way?"

A shrug "That is not my story to tell... Its between Damon and Stefan.. If either of them choose to tell you, so be it, if not then your must live with not knowing."

With that Lorn stood walking upstairs to where Damon and Erik sat together staring at the watch "Well?"

Erik shrugged "I know that this was supposed to be a weapon against our kind, but I don't what it was meant to do."

"Or if it even works." Damon voice making Eric shake his head "I dont put anything past Gilbert, the man was a genius in his own weird way.". He took the device spinning it around "Maybe, it just wasnt made to be used by a vampire."

They talked a little longer before Elena made her way upstairs she took notice of thedevice they were passing around between each other "Did you guys ever figure out what that is?"

Uncle and aunt didnt bother to answer both lounging in their chairs broadly, so Damon shook his head "Nope. Whatever it is, it doesn't work."

"Pearl didn't say anything else about it?" Lorn shook her head "No, she thought she was stealing something else."

"His vampire compass," Damon explained "but that was a pocket watch. That Johnathan Gilbert was a crazy scientist."
Erik leaned upside down on his chair so he could see Elena "Have you spoken to your uncle lately, love?" Elena blushed under the ancient immortals stare making him smirk slightly, but she shook her head "I've been avoiding him, actually. That, and I've been here most nights."