006

❝ you know what it is

you know what it is.

chapter sixjust for you

chapter six
just for you

The world was getting smaller and smaller

The world was getting smaller and smaller. Not a day went by that anyone thought about it. Deadly viruses were the root of all their problems, and the start of Sersi's. Nila, Iris, Theo, and now Glenn were all in quarantine. Just as Theo suspected he was sick, even before he went in. Sersi felt embarassed for arguing with him about him not being sick and he truly was.

Even with the apocalypse being traumatic she's lost very few people close to her. After her mom and siblings nothing else happened. They lost some friends along the way but no one as important that would push sersi down the rabbit hole.

Knowing that some of the people she loved most in the world, were in there. They were sick and could die any minute, she could do nothing about it.

Carl sat with his back against Sersi's. The two were keeping an eye on Judith as she crawled in circles around the two. With Apollo and Ayla out to help get antibiotics for the sick, she was here with Carl. Sersi didn't mind hanging out with Carl, he was good company and always managed to make her smile.

"Should we move now? We've been sitting like this for at least ten minutes now" Carl asked leaning his head back to glance at the girl.

Her eyes were glued ahead, she quickly shrugged peering over her shoulder to look at him. "Let her keep going till she tires herself out. This way she'll be asleep and so can we" sersi smiled making a chuckle escape Carl.