012

❝ keep the faith ❞

❝ keep the faith ❞

chapter twelve to beth

chapter twelve
to beth

APOLLO, BETH, AND DARYL

Apollo sat in silence looking up at the sky. It was dark and he'd never really looked at the stars until now. Just like he'd never really looked at Beth until now. She was sitting by the fire keeping it alive. Daryl was asleep, up against a tree and knocked out cold.

After a very intense conversation he overheard between Beth and Daryl he put Apollo on watch so he could sleep. Apollo knew his dad had to be really tired for him to put Apollo on watch. Cause no matter how tired Daryl usually is he would always let his kids sleep. Apollo didn't mind, he wasn't that tired and he knew his dad needed the rest. He was still trying to grasp that they'd lost everything, their home, their friends. Sersi and Nila.

If only Apollo could've reached Sersi. Called for her. Maybe she would've been here with them. It was quiet now without her constantly nagging him. Without Nila asking him a million questions. Without Ayla and Iris to goof around with.

It was the same with and without Theo. Quiet. Theo was always quiet.

Apollos head snapped forward hearing the snapping noises of twigs. He immediately calmed seeing Beth approach him. She sat beside him looking up at the sky.