Part 4 - Become Real Heroes

(The octoling soldiers approach Pearl's mansion at night.)

(Rosie stays at a window, confused as to why the army is coming to the mansion. She has pajamas on and is supposed to be in bed.)

Pearl: Yo, Rosie, you need to be asleep. It's late!

Rosie: But there's a bunch of people coming to your house! (Pearl checks in on Rosie. Pearl now has a cast on her leg. Rosie is kneeling on a toy box so she can see out the window.)

Pearl: Huh? (Pearl looks out the window.)

Pearl: Aw, heck no! (She's surprsed.)

Pearl: Okay, this is fine. Imma protect this house, even if I have one leg working! Those Octarians are gonna regret coming here, right Rosie? (Pearl hobbles away, Rosie's a bit scared, but also a little confused.)

Rosie: Um, heck yeah? (Rosie looks up at her.)

(Pearl looks at Rosie, surprised.)

Pearl: Maybe... you shouldn't repeat that.

Rosie: What? Heck?

Pearl: Yeah. Don't say it, please! [Thought] Or Echo will kill me! (She appears panicked.)

Pearl: Hey, how about you come with me? I'll make sure you stay safe from all those bad guys.

Rosie: Are we in trouble?

Pearl: No! I'm just gonna kick some- I mean, I'm gonna get the bad guys to leave. K?

Rosie: Okay! (Pearl awkwardly grins at Rosie as they walk out.)

------------------------------------------

Echo: Well, it looks like you were right about the shortcut.

Juliuz: Whoo, good! I was starting to doubt it was here! (They find the backdoor of Pearl's mansion.)

Echo: Sooooo... you got a key?

Juliuz: Nope. Want me to break it down?

Echo: Go ahead, show me what you've got! But hurry up with it, please. I gotta get to Rosie. (He grins at Echo.)

Sound effect: THUMP!!! (Juliuz throws himself against the door ineffectively.)

Echo: Well, that was amusing. Nice job putting your imprint in the door.

Juliuz: Mm. M-hm. Lemme try again. I wasn't tryin' very hard.

Echo: Uh-huh. Just get this over with, we're running out of time. (Juliuz walks back, slightly dizzy, and Echo is humored. There's an imprint in the door now.)

Juliuz: See, the key is, you gotta have a big running start.

Echo: Oh?

Juliuz: Yep! I just didn't get a good running start! (Echo jiggles the doorknob and grins.)

Juliuz: Okay, you may want to step back! (Juliuz gets ready to try a second time.)

Juliuz:? (He starts running, but Echo grabs onto the doorknob.)

(The doorknob clicks.)

Juliuz:! (Echo opens the door, and Juliuz trips inside.)

Sound effect: CRASH!

Juliuz: Ow! (Echo stands back.)

Juliuz: You weren't gonna tell me that the door was unlocked?

Echo: I was gonna let you have your fun!

Juliuz: Ah. Well, thanks. (Echo goes in, Juliuz fell on a collapsed shelf of weapons.)

Echo: But let's just acknowledge the fact that Pearl just leaves this door unlocked. That's dangerous. But, hey, at least those rumors you told me about are wrong and Pearl doesn't keep Super Sea Snails in here!