Bleu

Bluey was having trouble putting her children to bed. It was to be expected; she knew how much work she and Bingo had been.

Francois kept climbing back out of bed and hiding when her back was turned and Bleu was running around screaming her head off. Bluey finally sighed and sat on the couch, giving up. Francois crept out of his latest hiding spot (which was behind some couch cushions) and joined his sister in running around the house.

"They still won't go to bed?" Jean-Luc asked, sitting next to Bluey.

"I'm not tired!" Bleu shouted.

"They won't listen to me," Bluey said. "I've tried everything I could think of."

"We're not tired," Bleu repeated. "Right, Francois?"

Francois had stopped running. He was rubbing his eyes, and his tail slowly stopped wagging. He started heading upstairs to his bedroom.

"Traitor!" Bleu shouted.

"Well, people get tired after a while," Bluey said. "That's what I tried telling you, but you decided to scream and run away."

"I'm not tired, Mummy! I'm not!"

"I think you are."

"No!"

"If you don't go to sleep now, you'll be too tired to play in the morning."

"I want to play now...I'm not tired, really I'm not."

"How about I read you a bedtime story?"

"No, I want to play."

"How about one last game before bed?" Jean-Luc suggested.

"...Okay."

Bleu tried keeping her parents in on her game of Restaurant, but unfortunately, she couldn't keep herself awake long enough to continue. Despite trying to keep her eyes open as best as she could, she was out before she could finish her parents' order.

She awoke briefly to find herself being tucked into her own bed.

"Mummy, what's going on?" she mumbled.

"You fell asleep," Bluey said. "I told you you were tired."

"But, I'm not...I'm not tired."

She yawned.

"Okay, maybe I was tired..."

"See? You need to listen to Mummy, okay?"

Bluey turned out the lights and left the room. Bleu started to drift back to sleep, cuddling her stuffed husky, Sparklefuzz.

That night, she dreamt of playing all day and night, with no one to tell her to go to bed.

Upon awaking the next morning, she realized sleep could do her a few good things; not only would she wake up refreshed in the morning, but she could dream of any fantastical thing she wanted.

Perhaps she should've figured that out before giving her mum a hard time...

*First Bluey fanfic I ever wrote. It sucks lol...*