Heeler Love

*Quick little thing I threw together on a whim.*

The boys looked out the window of their treehouse. Rad was expecting a gift from a friend, and he had asked his brothers to wait with him. So far, they'd been waiting for the mailman to pass by for about an hour.

As they waited, they spotted a girl walking past their house. Bandit and Rad immediately recognized her; she lived somewhere close by, and she went to the same school as the boys.

"Hey, Wufhurst!" Rad shouted at her. "Keep your cooties away from us!"

"Leave me alone, Heeler!" she shouted back angrily.

"Nah!" Bandit shouted, and he and Rad laughed.

The girl seemed really ticked off now. She stomped off, towards her own house.

"Who was that?" Stripe asked.

"Trixie Wufhurst," Rad explained. "We always tease her, she thinks she's such a know-it-all."

"And she's a big tattletale," Bandit said.

"I think she looks nice," Stripe mumbled.

"Oh, goodness gravy, don't tell me you like her?"

"I just said she looks nice. Maybe we can be friends with her?"

Rad rolled his eyes. He spun Stripe around to face him.

"Look, if you really want to fall for her, be my guest. But, she most likely won't like you back, considering how our reputation is with her."

"Oh...can you teach me how to make her like me?"

"Pfft, no. I don't like Wufhurst. If you want to sweep her off her feet, figure it out yourself."

"You're my brother, you're supposed to be helping me out. Bandit, can you help me?"

"I don't know anything about love," Bandit said, hiding his face a little. "I've never been in love."

"What about that girl who broke your jinx 5 years ago?"

"I'm not in love with her!"

Bandit left, keeping his face turned away from his brothers all the while.

Stripe held a single white rose in his hand as he stood in front of Trixie's house. He sighed deeply.

Then, the door suddenly opened. He jumped; he had expected to knock first.

Trixie stood before him.

"Aren't you one of the Heelers?" she said, giving him a dirty look.

"Y-yes. But, hear me out--"

"I don't want to hear about how I've got cooties."

"No, that's not what I wanted to say! I...I think I like you."

She frowned.

"That's weird."

"I'm sorry if it's weird, but it's true. I have...a bit of a crush on you."

He handed her the rose. She took it, and closed the door.

He waited for her to return, but she didn't.

He sighed again.

Maybe it wasn't meant to be.