2

Bruce decided to take some creative writing class this year, and his teacher, Mrs.Patterson- a lovely women with curly brown hair and a pretty smile- has a infamous thing of taping her favorite student pieces around the room.

The small room is covered, each wall holds several student pieces all varying sizes and genres, he finds himself reading them from
Time to time. (All the time- the entire class period)

Specifically, when he zones out her lectures, he finds himself reading the ones closest to him (he sits by the door so the ones taped around it) he's tried reading the other ones but they're to far and he can't make out the words.

He made a quiet goal for himself, with each assignment he wrote he silently wished with fingers crossed that he'd find his piece up on the wall somewhere.

Each day he comes in and peers around for a change but he's practically memorized the way the papers are arranged on the wall

Bruce found himself talking to Mrs.Patterson about it, and she smiled pointing to a stack of papers on her desk she said "oh I've got plenty from this semester so far that I want to hang up, just trying to arrange them nice and fairly, you know?" And he does so he smiles at her.

There's this piece just about the window on the door that he finds himself thinking of and rereading alot, it's called "East garden light" and it goes something like this-
The light on the garden comes from the east
And each flower finds itself warm with the love of the sun and moon
Sometimes I wonder if I am meant to be the flower
Or am I meant to be the moon?

He asks Mrs.Patterson in that same conversation, "who wrote the poem on the door?"
Some pieces are signed and others left blank and curious. She hums "well some works are from previous years, some of these kids don't even go here anymore, and some of them have asked to remain anonymous. So I guess it'll have to stay a secret for now." He gets that too.

Finneys out with a cold today so by default robins not here too, Bruce imagines he's probably sitting on the floor beside finneys bed, holding his hand and reading to him as if his sniffles and teary eyes will be the death of him.

Since he's not here though Bruce is alone at lunch, so he decided instead of suffering in the loud environment without his emotional support he'll just head to the library and work on the poem he's supposed to turn into Mrs.Patterson next week.

He stops by his locker to grab a book he's been meaning to return, as he opens it there's a neatly folded sticky note placed atop his chemistry textbook. It was bright green and the sticky end of the note folded up top. it was clean still, freshly ripped.

Bruce unfolds the sticky note, recalling the one from last night, and a small smile finds its way to his face

"Dancing in the rain feels refreshing maybe try it ? I'll be out there dancing too :)"

When Bruce peered towards the giant double door entry way he noticed the dark clouds and rain wetting the cement
———-
Sadly when the final bell rang the rain had settled and left the sky a fuzzy sort of grey and the air a hot humid.
Bruce is making his way to finneys house where he'll throw rocks at the window and climb the water pipe to check in on his favorite little blond star of a boy.

The walk is short but it feels longer with the presence of all of his peers around him for what he knows will be a quarter of the walk.
As he's turning the corner he sees a crowd, people cheering and hollering, at first he thinks Robin but he shakes it as he recalls Robin isn't here.
So who else could it be? Than it hits him
Vance hopper.