The Legend Begins (part 2)

As they arrived at the Pokémon center, everyone cheered and greeted the hero. Surrounding her and her friends.
Shinx had a lot of attention by kids - girls and boys - as they stroked her all over, making her black fur stick out and messy. But she didn't mind, instead she licked them.

Noticing Pikachu, the kids all smiled as they reached up at the mouse Pokémon.

"Hey! That's a pikachu." One said.

"Aw, it's soo cute!" Said another.

"Can I pet your pikachu?" A boy asked.

"Sure. Pikachu is very friendly. Just don't touch his cheeks." Ash said happily as he bent down and let them stroke his partner. Shinx watched in anger. Pikachu stared down at her in wonder.

As they finally reached their room, closed the door and turned on the lights. Everyone was amazed of the room.
There was two bunk beds at the far end of the room. Either side of the room. With a door leading towards a balcony in between. Two bedside tables stood beside the front door, large enough for clothes and bags.

"Please make yourselfs comfortable." Jessica said as she unpacked her things nearby a bunk bed.
When everyone had unpacked their things, got changed and was sitting in their beds, they all started chatting happily to one another.

"So, you're looking forward to joining the tournament, ash?" She asked as he nods.

"Yeah! I can't wait to get started."

"Just to let you know, you will be battling some strong opponents. Not just me, but other trainers all over the world." Jessica explained. "You can only have one Pokémon in battle, but you change whenever you like, before battle."

Ash nods. "Right."

Dawn turned to face Jessica. "So how did you even became a hero?" Jessica shrugged as she looked at them.

"I never thought I could be a hero..."

"Why?" Everyone asked in unison.

"Because when I was young, I was scared of Pokémon."

"You was scared of Pokémon...?!" Dawn couldn't believe it.

"Yes..."

"But..." Ash started.

Jessica smiled as she looked down at Shinx. "It was when I was going home..." Everyone turned to face her. "That's when I met my first Pokémon friend and partner... Shinx."

That day, everything changed..." Jessica said as she watched Shinx with a smile upon her face. "I was walking home from school..."

(Flashback)

"How was your day, dear?" Her mother asked as she waited for her half way.

"Ok." The younger Jessica said tired and bored.

Walking slowly home, Jessica and her mother talked about the lessons that day, when they arrived home, they saw a figure on the their front porch. Weak, cold and scared.

"A p-pokemon! Mom, please chase it away..."

Her mother looked down at the weak helpless Pokémon. "Dear, look at that poor thing. It's weak. And injured."

Jessica peeked at the small Pokémon and looked down at its paw. Cuts could be seen.

"Don't worry, your safe." Her mother said as the cat tried to escape and hiss. "Shhh. It's ok. We won't hurt you." Picking it up in her arms, the cat begins to bite her. "That's it."

Inside, Jessica watched her mother, heal the cut and wrap a bandage around the wound. One night, Jessica took up the courage to touch Shinx softly on her head, when she had a nightmare and placed a blanket over the small cold cat.