Dreams

"This is Versailles. Can anyone tell me…"

The teacher drags on. Stuff I've already memorized. I set my head down. Head pounding with lack of sleep. Too much work, not enough time

Surely one nap won't hurt. Eyelids fall and I succumb to sleep.

Darkness; a light sleep. But what is light gets heavier and I fall into a deep slumber.

The world lightens, dreamland. I guess I was more tired than I thought.

I'm myself. As expected. I don't wish to be someone else. How much time has passed? The world is nice like this.

Dark as the deep night
Though night it is not to be
Slumber all the same

A haiku. A simple one.

Hm? There's footsteps. A figure fast approaches and throws their arms around my neck. Eyes blurred out but bright red hair and a sly smile are revealed. Face comes close to mine and whispers in my ear.

"Hey, shuu-chan."

Eyes fly open as I'm shaken. Even in dreamland I am easily woken. In front of me is Ren. I presume I slept through class.

"What time is it," I ask, sitting up and pinching the bridge of my nose.

He responds, "Math is about to start. Our history teacher  gave you a pass for sleeping since she knows how much you work and you're a good student. No homework."

"Thank you."

He leaves my side to sit in his own seat. I prepare my work space for math.

The teacher walks in and starts the lesson. But I can't focus.

Why was Akabane in my dream? I'll have to be careful to stay away from him. Just so nothing becomes of this.