☆⋅⋆ ── the third poem

it's like the heavens have opened up // sunlight

now playing

now playing . . .

daylight ; taylor swift
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺
volume: ■■■■■□□□

a devoted author is one who's words flood to their brain. but the thing i find most amusing, is that i, a writer, have found myself go speechless at the smallest things you do.

you have the power to make a writer go

s
p
e
e
c
h
l
e
s
s

just from a small gesture alone.

i have never been one to adore the sun. i found that its rays were excruciating and blinding. summers were unappealing and a dark sky sprinkled with stardust has always piqued my interest more.

you have had the power to make a writer speechless, but i have found the words to describe you. for the warmth in your cinnamon eyes has always compared to sunlight.

you are the pure definition of light. the warm sensation that trickles through cherry blossoms. the warm shimmer that makes honey golden. the sunlight you embody is one as delicate as the seraphs in the sky.

you are the sun to my moon, the dawn to my dusk, the star that i admire. you have always shined to those around you, but they have never felt the true warmth of your radiating sunlight that i feel right now. the usual charcoal darkness that my brain drowns in at the impossible possibility of us had been brightened by an unornamented smile in my direction. it is one brighter than the star we orbit, one that is gracefully saturated by the true sweetness that dances inside of your soul, one that is made of pure sunlight.

s
     u
n
     l
i
     g
h
     t

that is the word i describe you with.

sunlight, i have always frowned upon your sight, feeling a sense of vanquish when our relationship crosses my mind. sunlight, you the one who can brighten my day by merely acknowledging my existence. sunlight, you can somehow grace this world by just being here, but your interactions with me have done more than you think.

"it's in the eyes." my sunlight, it's in all of you.