Chapter 2

Third person

People have arrived, Alphas, Betas, Gammas and their mates arrive from different packs to celebrate Alphas Rhett's daughter in Alpha Rhett's backyard. The bonfire is lit and the tables are stacked with food. People are sitting down some are standing.

While the Alpha greets his guests with handshakes and smiles, his Luna, the mother of his children is tending to their daughter. "Did you want some water Zia?" The Luna asks her daughter. Anastazia shakes her head no and goes back to leaning her head against the handle of her wheelchair she's currently sitting in.

Zia is the nickname her family and friends call her. At first she wasn't fond of it but she grown to like it. Anastazia's brother was away in another pack training to be Alpha, so he couldn't come tonight. Which made Zia very sad.

She's nearing the end of her treatment but she still feels very weak and drained from the chemo. There is different stages of chemotherapy and she is at the very last stage. Some people get their hair back and some people don't in the last stages of chemo. She was lucky to be one of those people who got their hair back.

When Zia got her hair back she was surprised that her once straight hair now has ringlets in it. She was also surprised by the change in color aswell. Zia use to have blonde hair but now she has light brown hair. Apparently to some chemo patients, their hair comes back a different color after chemo and that's exactly what happened to Zia. Zia's mom Aurelia has blonde hair while her father Rhett has black hair but her brother has dark brown hair though.

Aurelia sits next to her daughter with worry, she really wants her daughter to have fun tonight but she knows the chemo is just making it hard for her poor daughter to enjoy it. She wishes she could take her daughters pain away for one night just so she could have a little fun while everyone comes to congratulate her.

Rhett stands a few meters away shaking hands with his Alpha allies sneaking peaks every now and then at his daughter and Luna. He notices that when every time someone comes up to start a conversation with his daughter Zia, she doesn't try to keep the conversation going. He knows his poor daughter is trying but he also knows that his daughter is also a loner that likes to keep to herself. He was hoping that this little party would help bring up her spirits and make her feel that she has something to fight for. And she does, she will be turning 18 soon so she has a mate out there waiting for her and her whole life ahead of her. When wolves turn 18 they are finally able to find their mates. He knows his daughter is meant to do great things. He's just trying to make her see that. Make her see she definitely has something to fight for.

Just when he's about to lead his friend Alphas towards his daughter to introduce him, he gets a mind link from one of his warrior wolves on patrol. "Alpha, there is a man here claiming to be the Alpha King. He says he has an invitation."

Why the fuck would the Alpha King arrive at my border and not come through the driveway like a normal person, somethings is suspicious. Rhett thought. "Keep him there till I get there, something doesn't add up." He links the wolf back. He gathers his Alpha friends and Beta and starts jogging to the woods. On the way there he mindlinks his Luna on what is going on and to get everyone to remain calm and go back to enjoying the party.

He reaches the border of his pack and finds his warrior standing in front of three big muscled men. "What's going on here!" Alpha Rhett requested loudly.

"I have your invitation Alpha Rhett, I suggest you let me pass onto your territory and let me wish your daughter the best because THAT is what I came here to do." Alpha King Hallin answers angrily, holding Alpha Rhett's invitation out in front of him.

"How do I know you are who you say you are? I've never seen the Alpha King before." Alpha Rhett asks the intimidating man in front of him.

The man that claims to be the Alpha King puts his fist out like he's trying to fist bump someone to show the Alpha in front of him his ring that has the royal seal.

Alpha Rhett, the warrior that patrolled the border and his Alpha friends immediately get down on one knee, bending their heads down and to the side to show their respect and submission.

"You can stand." The Alpha King ordered. Hallin sizes up the Alphas in front of him really wishing he could beat them for their disrespect but he was here for one thing and one thing only and he was going to do precisely that.

"If you don't mind me asking your majesty, why didn't you come through the front of the house instead of coming to the east side of my border outside my territory?" Alpha Rhett asks curiously.

"I didn't want the attention from everyone coming through the front. I'm not here to discuss treaty's. I'm here to wish your daughter the best and then I'am leaving." Hallin states a matter of fact.

Soon enough Alpha Rhett, the Alpha King, the Alpha Kings Beta and gamma and everyone else that was at the border apart front the warrior who had to stay back to continue his patrolling, finally walked out of the opening of the forest, heading straight to the party.

Anastazia was just about to fall asleep on her wheelchair when her mother the Luna shakes her shoulder, trying to wake her up. Zia's eyes flutter open, while her mother tells her to sit up because someone special is here to see her.

Alpha Rhett leads the Alpha King to where his daughter was sitting and stood back while the Alpha  King introduced himself. So as Hallin walked closer to the girl who looked like death who was also currently rubbing her eyes like she just woke up, he couldn't help but feel excited to see her eyes.

Once she stopped rubbing her eyes and finally looked up at the big intimidating man in front of her,  Hallins wolf howled in his head and started growling, "Mate." Hallin was speechless, he couldn't believe he finally found his mate.

~~~

Authors Note:

Thank u for reading!

Hope u liked it and don't forget to vote, comment and add to library❤️

Bye guys