10: Distraction

Being a spy is not easy, right? Hiding identity, being conscious, super clever, careful with every move. However, don't we do that on our regular days? We all hide our real faces from the world, don't we? Maybe for different reasons, such as not to be judged by them, not to look timid, not to be weak, not to be taken advantage of, etcetera.

Elvin glanced at the empty road and back to his tea. He is breaking his head sitting in the cafe. "What was the number!" Elvin wanted to pull his hair with anger.

He remembers the night. He knows the car's colour is white, the brand is Mercedes, and it has four wheels. "Obviously, a car has four wheels. What am I thinking!"

"What was the number plate? I didn't see or don't remember?" Elvin sips his tea, trying to calm his nerves and think properly.

>>I saw his eyes. If I had forcefully removed his mask, maybe I would have seen his whole face. But, this action would have cost my life.

Elvin shook his head to forget his thoughts and was unaware of a duo walking in the same cafe.

Elio and Silas were soughing to themselves while ordering beverages for the team.

"I didn't sign up for this," Silas whispered to Elio, ordering. "That's it, thank you." Elio pushes Silas to the front. "He will pay," Elio said and sat at the nearest table. Silas glared at him and faked a smile at the lady cashier while giving her his card.

"I'm a vital member of the group and asked to buy these for others," Silas grumbles while sitting in front of Elio. "I have an image to keep, you know." Silas fixed his overcoat and crossed his legs.

Elio raised his eyebrows while leaning forward to whisper, "I know, but you know the boss and his revolver, right?" Elio crossed his legs with a smug face.

Silas shook his head and glanced around as his eyes fell on Elvin, sipping his tea with furrowed eyebrows as if condemning himself and trying to contain himself.

Silas narrowed his eyes, "I think I have seen him somewhere..." Silas whispered to himself and tried to sort his memory disk to remember this face. Elio heard his murmur and saw Silas looking at someone. He was about to turn and look but saw the employee getting their order, holding so many parcels, he guessed it must belong to them.

"Sir, your orders." Parcels were placed on the table, diverting Silas's concentration.

"Thanks," Elio stood while taking the parcel and strode outside. However, Silas halted and glanced at Elvin as he tried to recognise the stranger. However, he couldn't remember. He shook his head and followed Elio.

>>I have seen him on this street, then maybe he stays nearby? I should remain here, and possibly I'll be able to encounter him.

By this thought, Elvin stood under the sun with determination to see Raze. He eyed every white Mercedes car driving in the lane.

>>What if he is not using Mercedes today? Through his cases and assuming his earnings to be in the millions, He must have more than five cars if he fancies them.

Elvin chewed on the chocolate waffle, glanced at his watch, and then back to the road.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Killian sighed while looking at the pond and glanced back at a reporter shouting about the situation to the camera.

"This pond used to be filled with living fish, even the smallest one. However, as you can see, this pond contains floating dead fish now." Killian heard the reporter say and pointed at the pond edge collecting all the dead fish.