8:Raid

Elvin sat with Elmer in his apartment. He served dinner to Elmer and himself.

"Being alone teaches you many things, right?" Elmer asked, glancing around the 2BHK apartment, noticing the cleanliness, from the sofas to curtains, and then the kitchen sparkling.

Elvin chuckled, "Mom will slaughter me if I don't keep the house clean." Elmer nodded, laughing along.

"How is your mom? Is she aware of this case?" Elmer asked, chewing stew and moaning with the taste.

"Mom is doing fine. I didn't tell her because I don't want her to worry about me." Elvin smiled,

"Besides, she is happy in her home town." Elmer nodded his head.

"Your cooking skills are amazing. I will give ten on ten." Elmer gave a thumbs up with the praise.

"I rarely get to eat homemade food. It's always takeaways for me." Elmer spoke, drinking water.

"Thank you, and I understand; that's why I learnt cooking," Elvin replied and continued eating with silence enclosing the space.

"Do you know about the recent murder case?" Elvin asked softly, glancing at Elmer, who nodded his head.

"Yeah, Chief told me about it, and they belong to some flame gang," Elmer says while remembering exact words from Killian over the call.

"They are not just any gang. I believe those people are Raze's offenders. I was thinking, if we somehow reach this gang, then stepping into Lion's den won't be very difficult." Elvin spoke, collecting all the plates as they finished eating.

"How will you do that?" Elmer asked, helping Elvin to wipe the table. After all, it's part of his current job.

"Now, that's another mystery to solve," Elvin replied, taking chilled beer cans from his fridge and sitting on the sofa with Elmer.

"Yeah, you didn't tell me what happened to the raid?" Elvin asked as Elmer sighed, looking at the cream-coloured wall where stickers of cherry blossom, were stuck on the right side.

That night, Killian and others stepped inside the club to raid and hope to catch Raze. Raze, this name didn't let them breathe in peace. They need to handle this case and execute it before Raze expands his empire. Being protectors of the city, they can not let a deadly disease spread across the globe, and if that happens, then one word: Destruction.

Elmer and others knew they weren't supposed to get guns. Then how are they supposed to attack successfully? Raze might have guns within the club, but Killian can't let this plan backfire. He glanced at the same man walking upstairs with people following him.

Killian and others pulled guns from their shoes, waistbands, and waistcoat. Killian turns around right in time for the bartender, trying to escape. "Freeze," Killian gestured for the man to stay put.

"How?" The bartender whispered. "Security!" The bartender shouted, gaining the attention of everyone present in the room. They all stood frozen in their place.

"Security? They're sleeping." Killian replied to the confused man.

Outside, the remaining men of Killian handled the bouncers and other men, cuffing and tossing them in the police van.

"Raze is here, right?" Killian asked, pressing the nuzzle on the bartender's forehead.

"Boys! Check the second floor now." Killian ordered, glaring at the bartender and others. Killian's officers ran upstairs to compile the task.

"Hands up," Elmer spoke, pointing his gun at the crowd.

Killian turned to Elmer. "Elmer, you handle here. I'll go up—"