Sloppy Bandages

Somewhere in Syria.

'Mmmm!' Hetty grunted as Keane pulled a small slug out of her right leg.

'I really don't know how you can endure this kind of pain without drugs.' Keane muttered.

'Just patch up the damn wound!' Hetty painfully exclaimed. 'Ah!'

'Well, it doesn't look infected, despite you having to bandage it up using the sleave of your shirt. Correction, both sleaves. Just need to stitch it up and bandage it up. With good bandages.'

While Keane was stitching her wound, Hetty softly moaned.

'You okay?'

'Yeah. It's just. Sigh. I knew this mission would be dangerous, but. Things like this, make me question a lot of things. Like, I used to get shot like, almost never. Now, I've narrowly dodged several bullets, been involved in a few knife fights, had a sword aimed at my throat, and now been shot in the leg.' Hetty replied, musing on the past.

'Interesting. You sure that's not the worst you've dealt with when doing field work? I seem to recall a lot of dreary nights in Vietnam. Not in, well you know. But in the jungle.'

'Oh right right. The cold, the never ending rain, and the paranoia that something was always coming at us.

'I had to stay at watch the most because you kept falling asleep, and the tension made you sleepy.'

Hetty snickered. 'And I thank you for that.'

'Wound's been patched up. Just take it easy for a while.' Keane finished.