Homesick

Several days later, Kazuha had a checkup with Dr. Baizhu. Mina was with them to learn some of Dr. Baizhu's techniques. There's only so much she could do for him. Afterall, she's still in training. Baizhu inspects Kazuha's arm while also contemplating further treatment. "Your treatment is almost done". 

Kazuha felt relieved. Now he can focus on returning to Inazuma. The plan with Beidou is still underway. "I suggest you continue taking herbal teas. In due time you'll regain movement in your arm". Kazuha thanks him as he leaves.

Mina sighs and hands him a drink. "Ms. Mina, what's wrong?". Of course, Kazuha would be worried. "I can't do much. I'm sorry". Deep down Mina doubted herself. She felt like she couldn't do anything. He grabs her hand startling her. "Don't be! You saved my life". Her eyes widened a little. He was right. 

Maybe it was time to stop doubting herself. The two leave the pharmacy and walk around Liyue Harbor. It was very lively for such a port city. A lot different from Inazuma. Liyue was more friendly to outsiders.

Could Inazuma change? That thought made Kazuha wonder. Mina could tell he was in deep thought as they walked around together. She knew that he'll likely leave once his healing is done. She even knew due to his name that he's from Inazuma. 

That also made her ponder. The pair eventually found themselves on a bench looking out to sea. The ocean breeze and the saltiness of the wind made Kazuha homesick. He missed Inazuma even though he was a fugitive. How will it be when he does return?

The night was slowly approaching with the sun setting. "Kazuha, would you like to try some Liyue cuisine?". He turns to her "Yes, I would love to". Mina smiles and stands up "Perfect! I have one place in mind!". Xiangling's place sounds like a good place to take him. 

They arrive and see Xiangling cooking behind the counter. "Hey Xiangling!". Xiangling lights up as she sees Mina. "How are you?" asked Mina. "I'm good!". They chat some more with Mina ordering two bowls of Boiled Fish.

Kazuha was reluctant to try the dish, but he didn't want to be rude. He took the first bite, and it was spicy. Mina notices this and hands him a drink. "Kazuha, I can get you something else". He shakes his head. "No, this is good". He wasn't used to spicy food, but it doesn't hurt to try new things. 

They finish eating and take a leisurely walk around the outskirts of Liyue. It looked like Kazuha was missing home. "Are you alright?". He nods "I am". It didn't seem like it. As a doctor she could tell. They finish their walk and return to her house.

That night, Mina went to bed early. It was a good time for Kazuha to leave without suspicion. His meeting with Beidou was tonight. He leaves Liyue quietly and meets up at the spot. Beidou was alone this time. "I thought you wouldn't come". Kazuha smiles "I keep my promises". Beidou laughs "You Inazuman's are so peculiar". 

She was right about that. Kazuha makes it a priority to keep his promises and to pay any debt to those around him, including Mina. He owes her a lot for saving him. He'll keep his promise he made silently to her.

Beidou explains her idea. A bout that brings those strong around Liyue to test their strength. The prize; A masterless vision. Kazuha hopes to rekindle his friend's vision before he leaves for Inazuma. Hopefully there will be someone for that. If someone does, then he won't have to worry anymore. "How does that sound?". 

Kazuha smiles "It sounds brilliant". Beidou smiles and crosses her arms. "Alright then. I'll have my crew make the preparations". Kazuha nods and leaves. He'll have to explain to Mina why he's leaving.

Many miles away, a figure returns to Liyue with a flying companion. "Traveler, we need to find a way to Inazuma!". They nod to their companion. "Yes, Paimon I know". A way to Inazuma after all, it's their next nation to go to. Hopefully, they'll find a way. 

A/N: Hi Everyone! The bout is beginning to happen! The traveler will make an appearance in the next chapter! I hope everyone has a great week! 

See you soon! 

-Aria