Chapter 15: Meeting the Experimenter

He began to awaken... looking around at the skeleton of the aircraft... it was burning. A sharp pain hits his leg as he tries to move in a panic. His leg was broken. Will was in trouble as he punched the canopy desperately trying to get out. He couldn't even if he wanted. Smoke started to fill the cockpit as air began to feed the fire. He was running out of oxygen before he fell under... someone broke the canopy showering him in glass awakening him once more as air returned. A pain in his leg continued as they pulled him out of the burning wreck as will screamed out, "AGHH!! STOP!!! GAAHHAGGGHH UGH!" Eventually against the nearby debris of building he was set down to sit... he didn't know who they were... they had a medical uniform on however. Perhaps it would be ok? No. He's behind enemy lines. This couldn't be a good thing at all... in fact the man who helped him could be a Jerry... The man who saved him stood in front of him. It was a German they had some blood on them, and had a medical bag with him likely with some tools. Nearby two more men rushed over luckily Vehrmacht. They both held MP40's rushing over towards the medic that had pulled him out of the wreck. The German spoke to them as they arrived, "Bringen Sie ihn vorsichtig in die Krankenstation.  Sein Bein ist gebrochen!" The two men went to his sides and lifted him up with their shoulders leading him somewhere carefully... it was oddly nice... a medical tent made itself known through the streets. A medical outpost established in the back for treatment of the wounded during bombings and on the front line. He was dragged into it noticing several more men... some captured American POW's... plenty of civilians, and German troops too. It was odd how these Germans even care for their enemies... he was set down between a woman who looked to be in her 40's, and a German soldier who couldn't have been much older than himself at 23. The soldier however looked at him with furrowed brows... bags under their eyes showing they're ill. A different medic approached him with a splint... reasonably... however they set it down next to him before walking up to the medic that saved him... likely they were talking about wether they were wasting resources or not... he sat there with a subtle pain continuing to hit him rising in feeling each time. The two medics then approached him... the man who pulled him out of that burning wreck took that splint leaning against the medical bed... an injection of morphine was put in his leg in one pinch until it numbed his entire leg of the pain. That medic pulled his leg up to apply the splint carefully which didn't hurt even once... he was too numb... he felt himself tiring... maybe a nap wouldn't hurt?

German side transition

It was hours later... Ted had finally returned to Henry's clean office awaiting in that chair for him to return... he felt the Similiar feeling of nervousness and pain that continued to haunt him. As the thoughts of lives being cut short pushed him to decision... that's when Henry walked in... he wasn't alone. Guards surrounded his sides as he walked in. "Ted... once more I did expect you..." he began to traverse around his desk sitting down in that chair. His mask glistens in the light. something creepy... "So what is the news? That resistance?" Ted gulped since he had never before noticed the mask... maybe it was always like that? He just never realized... "Snuffed out once and for all." Henry's mask could be described many ways... eyes blackened and dead, a twisted smile reaching up the sides. How did he not see this before? Why did nobody else react? Was it truly this normal? The mask was staying silent likely in thought... "Good... good.... That however is no longer the problem." He stood up to better explain the situation... his hands stretched behind his back yet the mask stayed static... unchanging... unnerving... "The American scum bags have begun their invasion into the city... the eastern division has been... well... surrounded. A movement I didn't expect myself." Ted looked around before deciding to speak, "Sir... what does this have to do with me?" The mask turned to him making his skin crawl. "I'm getting there! Anyhow... as the situation begins to worsen the need to do something is being greatly elevated... there is still a number of minorities within city that we have terms of... you are to round them up on a train to be shipped away from the front. I trust this upon you... should the Americans get to them... I'll have you greatly punished... and not so discreetly..." Ted felt more fear under these circumstances as the masked man turned to stare at him... "Yes sir!" Henry sat down, "Dismissed." Ted didn't hesitate to stand up, and move towards the door, however... that voice boomed again. "Wait." Ted looked back to see the mask staring at him, "I make it clear that if you help these minorities you will pay for it." Ted only saluted before leaving the room... the situation was odd... something he had NEVER seen in Henry before... of course that mask was always there...

It was dark yet there was a light. The bars leading outside strewn light through that cell in which a commando and a mislead German lay... there was blood puddled within the cell however the wound in which Theodore took was beginning to coagulate however the blood was still there... he seemed weak and pale yet he was still alive. It was unlikely he would stay that way for long without medical attention. The light awakened Adalheid blinding him as he slept on the ground. He let Theodore have the bunk oddly enough as he was in the worst condition. As he got up he dusted off the gray uniform he continued to wear decorated simply with the SS symbol. Footsteps however began to line the underside prison. A man who was masked entered. A twisted smile lining the mask. Two guards stood with him... it was Henry. Of course it was... he approached the bars prompting Adalheid to approach them as well with anger on his face. "How dare you shove me in here!!" The man however only looked at him through that mask, "Trust me, traitors like you shouldn't see the light of day." Theodore was sat on the bunk holding his arm pale. He stared at the masked man amongst them, "Nice mask, sure would be great if it burned." That was a mistake as Henry grabbed the bars and yelled back in English, "You don't even understand American! The flames will be enveloping you rather than me, and I'll make sure that it hurts!!" Adalheid answered in German... "Bring it on then." Nothing happened... a deadly silence befell both sides. Before Henry spoke once more, "Leave them. Don't even feed them. Let them slowly die in this hellhole..." Henry's rage was let go... and they were gonna pay for it.