Prologue

This story is a creation straight from the depths of my imagination, where names, characters, places, events, and incidents come alive in a mesmerizing, fictitious manner.

This book also discusses the effects of childhood trauma. So, it is important to read it with sensitivity and understanding.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Place: Prince Multi-speciality Hospital, Chennai

Time: 9.08 A.M (IST)

Down on the ground floor, a television broadcasting the latest news

'𝘉𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘴: 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦-𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳-𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵. 𝘓𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘎𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘩𝘪 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘵, 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘫𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘭𝘴. 𝘗𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘶𝘳𝘨𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘪𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺. 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘳𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴.'

On the same floor, Madhumitha, who is 7 months pregnant, standing at the pharmacy counter, holding her forehead in pain.

"Do you have a prescription?" Pharmacist asked Madhumitha.

"Please, it's just a headache. I'll take two packs of Dolo 650 tablets."

"Alright, but make sure to have something to eat before taking the tablet," the pharmacist said reassuringly and went to retrieve the medicine she needed.

Ever since Madhu woke up at the hospital, her head hurt a lot. She wished she could relax and feel better, but the problems she had made it really hard. The stress was too much, and it made it impossible for her to sleep, even if she tried to clear her mind. She wasn't sure if it was a headache from being pregnant or something more serious. But, she didn't want anymore bigger problems, especially at this time.

After taking the medicine, Madhu squeezed into a crowded elevator with four people. The elevator ascended, floor by floor until it reached the third floor, the Psychiatric department.

As she stepped out and walked down the quiet and dim hallway, She saw her father, Nandu, rushing towards her with deep concern.

"Hey kiddo, are you alright? Where did you go?" Nandu asked, pulling her into a tight, warm hug.

"I'm okay, Appa. I just went outside to get some fresh air." She said, lying about the headache.

She didn't want to burden her father with her life's complications anymore. She felt guilty for causing him so much worry about her own life and the little one growing inside her. She believed that keeping certain things hidden or telling little lies would be better for both of them.