Chapter 4.1 - Right Decisions

This chapter picks up right where the previous one ended

As we ran, the wind whipped through my hair, and laughter automatically escaped our lips, filling the air around us

As we ran, the wind whipped through my hair, and laughter automatically escaped our lips, filling the air around us. At that moment, I don't know how but all the worries and doubts started fading away, and I found myself surrendering to the exhilaration of the moment.

I felt the warmth of his palm against mine, a reassuring squeeze that conveyed a silent promise. It was a gesture that said 'I won't let go.'

Hand in hand, we dashed through the streets unburdened by the past or future, enjoying a temporary escape from life's complexities.

As our feet gradually slowed, we came to a stop. We stood there, chests heaving, smiles painted on our faces, mingling with the leftover laughter and adventure.

Looking into his eyes, I saw a reflection of my own desires, my own longing for something more. It was a silent agreement, an unspoken understanding that we were ready to take a leap of faith together.

"Be my wife, beautiful. I promise to be a good husband to you. I'll even help you with cutting vegetables, especially onions, so you won't have to cry." He said, his voice breathless and a little shaky.

I think I'm ready to give him a second chance. Past is just past.

Overwhelmed by emotions, tears streamed down my cheeks as I pulled him into a tight hug.

"I've missed you more than words can express. Please don't ever leave me again. If you do, I promise I'll chase after you," I confessed.

"ok," He smiled and tenderly brushed away my tears.

Then, with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes, he reached into his pocket and pulled out an unexpected object, a mangalsutra. The sight of it caught me off guard.

What's he doing? Why did he have this with him?

I took a step back, my mind swirling with a whirlwind of thoughts.

This was something I had dreamed of and yearned for, but reality had a way of complicating things.

"Goutham, please put that back," I pleaded. "This isn't right. I know I've dreamt of this with you, but I cannot allow it."

"Trust me, Madhu," he whispered, "I'm not doing this for some grand romantic gesture. I'm doing it for us. Marrying right here, right now is the right decision. Our families won't understand us. This is our only chance, baby. I can't wait."

As he stepped closer, I saw a fire in his eyes, a passion that I hadn't seen before. What had happened to Goutham?

"Do you still doubt us? Come on, I promise you, Madhu, I will spend every moment of my life making you happy."

Conflicting emotions swirled within me, but as I looked into Goutham's eyes, the doubts began to fade. I felt a deep sense of connection and trust, knowing that with him, I could be my true self.

"I don't know if I'm being impulsive or brave," my voice trembled.

"But with you, I feel alive. I can't bear the thought of losing you again." I said with a heart full of emotion. I nodded to whatever he said and whatever he will say in the future in advance.

I smiled as we took a deep breath, and Goutham carefully wrapped the mangal sutra around my neck with love and devotion. The moonlight made the moment feel surreal.

There, we stood together, bound by belief and the sacred mangal sutra.

Goutham's eyes sparkled, as he flashed a charming smile and leaned in, whispering, "I must be the luckiest man alive to have you,"

I couldn't help but giggle at his charming remark.

"You have a way with words now, Goutham," I replied, "But luck has nothing to do with it. It's our choice. It's our decision."

I think I had made the right choice. I knew deep down that I would go to any lengths to ensure our happiness. After all, life's greatest joys often come from taking risks and following our hearts. What's the worst that could happen?

So, what do you think about this chapter?

What do you think happen next?

Any thoughts about Goutham?

ᴰᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵗ ᵗᵒ ˡⁱᵏᵉ "⭐" ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ✨

✨ᵀʰᵃⁿᵏ ʸᵒᵘ