Chapter 5 - The Dance Of Two Souls

3 months later

Place: Indhira Estate

Time: 6.30 PM

"Oh my gosh, look at me!" I gasped, standing in front of the mirror in Indhira's wardrobe. I was wearing the most beautiful purple woven silk saree. It felt soo soft, like a fluffy cloud against my skin. And the designs on it...Ah, amazing!

I swirled and twirled, the saree flowed around me like a river, caressing my every move. I couldn't believe how cute and pretty I look in this saree. I just knew that everyone would be in awe when they saw me in this dress

As I playfully blew a kiss to myself, I eagerly made my way into the bedroom where Indhira and Leela are waiting, my PG college buddies.

"How do I look?" I asked them.

Indhira's eyes lit up with excitement as she immediately enveloped me in a tight hug.

"Back off, Indhira. You're suffocating her," Leela chuckled, coming to my rescue since she almost crushed me with her chubby body.

"Madhu, you look like a super pretty doll in this saree! It's like it was made only for you, and I told you the blouse fits and it's fit's perfectly too!!" Indhira squealed with glee.

"Hold on, your blouse thread is loose," Indhira said, swiftly tying the thread "There, now it's perfect."

"Do you really think so? It's not too vibrant, is it?" I questioned, glancing down at the saree.

"Don't be such a goofball! Look at yourself, you're stunning and so curvy!" Leela said, plopping on the bed.

"Stop it, girls! You're making me blush like a schoolgirl," I playfully waved my hand.

"So, is the report ready?" I asked as I carefully sat down, feeling the soft silk saree against my skin. Indhira kept staring at me like she was in love with me. I hope she doesn't eat me.

"No.....we're still working on the section about threats to biodiversity. I've noted down some important points about the impacts, like ecological balance, and ecosystem function blah blah blah. I'm still searching for some interesting case studies to include,"

Leela replied, scrolling through the presentation we had been working on.

"Alright, you two take care of that. I have to go. Goutham is on the way from the office. We're going on a... DATE," I chirped, unable to hide my excitement.

"Oh, date as a married couple. Do spill all the details in class tomorrow," Leela said, and I nodded excitedly.

I wonder where Goutham is taking me on our first date. I'm so excited, like a little girl with a big secret.

"Indhira, could you help me untie the blouse thread? It's so tight." I asked as I moved and started to remove the blouse. She tied so tightly.

"Why bother changing? Wear this for your date. Most women actually wear sarees on dates. Besides, this dress was made for you, not for me anymore," Indhira insisted.

"You said it was a gift from your uncle in Singapore. I can't take it," I replied.

"Madhu, saree is yours now. Embrace it and head before your hubby punishes you for being late," Indhira said, teasingly nudging me.

"Ok, then. Bye," I said and left the palace.

In no time, Indhira's driver zoomed me away to my house in a sleek white Audi car. The car dropped me off at my apartment and drove away.

Goutham's bike is here. He's early!

A smile formed on my lips as I spotted his bike in the parking lot. Without a second, I hurriedly made my way to the first floor of our house and unlocked the door.