18

AMIRAH KAYMONI STYLES

"kodie your insane

"kodie your insane.." i whispered over the phone closing the fridge after grabbing a container of watermelon.

he smacked his lips making a face. "i really don't wanna go to this shit for real.."

i made a face sitting the container down on the counter opening it. "then don't go?"

"i won't but i know dj and his folks gone be there. anything can go down." he shrugged. "i wouldn't mind beating his ass again."

"boy." i chuckled. "don't go nowhere acting a fool. my mama already said she not tryna bail you out again."

"i know." he responded. "i'm just sayin tho."

"have fun." i picked a watermelon up after grabbing the fork out the drawer, putting it into my mouth feeling the juice drip.

i slurped it up and he blankly looked at me. "it ain't like they gone know amirah, cmon bruh." he referred to my parents.

"kodie." i sat the fork down inside of the container. "it's 1 in the morning and your asking me to sneak out to a kickback with you? you must not seeing how clear my parents don't play."

"it ain't gone be long." he mugged the screen. "show up and show out."

"no."

"bruh, don and nem gone be at the party with a lot of bitches..i rather go WITH my bit- girl. i'm sorry, my girl. ian finna be standing around while they actually having fun."

"nope." i shook my head.

"i'm already outside, so i don't care."

"huh?!" i ran out the kitchen and into the living room peeping out the blinds seeing his car in front of our house.

"the fuck you look out the window like that for?" he laughed causing me to look down at my phone mugging him.

•••