1:15 I'll Tell You A Story

I'll Tell You A Story
Part 2
————

I'll Tell You A StoryPart 2————

————

RECAP

Hope scoffed, annoyed. "How would you know?" She questioned.

You stared at her. "Because I am you, remember?" You replied.

Hope sighed. "Fine. Then you tell me what it is that I want to say, and I'll say it." Hope argued back.

You looked down. "That's not how this works, Hope. You have to listen." You explained, being vague.

Hope looked confused. "Listen to what?" She questioned but then there was whooshing and you disappeared. "Even fake you in infuriating. God!" Hope groaned out, annoyed.

————

"How can something that's basically a mud robot be my father?" Landon asked, you were about to fall asleep at this point.

Clark sighed. "Because it didn't stay a golem." He stated. "With each monster's DNA it absorbed...it evolved. Eventually, it became sentient...aware. He was truly alive. And when the region was cleared of all the monsters, the Triad wanted to return him back to mud. Since they were the ones who created him, only they could destroy him. All they needed to do was wipe away the symbol on his forehead." Clark continued to explain.

Clark paused, catching a breathe. "But he betrayed his creators. He made a deal with all the humans he'd saved. They could not let their new god be taken from them. The humans set him free to wander the earth and continue consuming, erasing all memory that the monsters ever existed. But over time... like Adam in the Garden of Eden, he realized he was alone. So he did what all creations eventually do. Create. He fashioned beings like him." You glared at Clark, looking obviously uncomfortable with where you were. "His children. A lineage that could-"

Landon cut him off. "Man... you were doing so good up until that part." Landon stated. "I was almost into it, as far as origin stories go, but you're asking me to believe that I'm a magical mud man with implanted memories." Landon summarised.

Clark did that annoying smirk. "Quite the opposite. You see...all the children he fashioned were imperfect. Flawed. None of them had his powers. All of them had weaknesses and all were sterile, unable to reproduce and continue his legacy." He started. "He was created to be the only one of his kind. He was never intended to be a species or have a bloodline of his own. But... he found a way to reproduce biologically. To have a son who was part human. A son who was perfect. A son who could live forever and continue the species." Clark looked between Landons eyes. "You are what he's been trying to create his entire life." Clark and Landon just stared at each other.