Convenience Store (Ver.1)

SummaryYounghyun gets a crush on a customer who buys either a bulk of snacks or a single item.

Rating: General Audiences

--

"Why the fuck did get this shift?" Younghyun grumbled under his breath. "It's not like I do anything else in the morning!"

His co-worker looked at him judgingly before going back to the comics he was reading. Younghyun glared at the door of the convenience store he was working at before clicking his tongue. It was at that moment that Dowoon wished he has brought his earphones.

"Yah, pay attention to me! I am having a crisis here!" Younghyun slapped his arm.

"Hyung, wondering about your stupidity isn't that much of a crisis," Dowoon mumbled truthfully as he turned the page of his comic.

Younghyun pouted, leaning to him, "What even are you reading?"

He saw a man with a blue mask and a red and white shield with a star in the middle. Beside him was what looked like a red and yellow robot.

"Marvel?" asked Younghyun before peeking at the cover.

Dowoon hummed.

"You're 27 years — "

"It's not just a kids' comic," cut off Dowoon.

The door suddenly opened, the bells ringing.

"Fuck!" Younghyun cursed under his breath.

He followed the man with his eyes. The man went to the liquor aisle.

"Who the fuck gets alcohol at this hour?" Younghyun asked the air.

"Me. Sometimes, I crave for some," said Dowoon, still focused on his comic.

Younghyun scoffed, "You're a kid. They shouldn't sell you alcohol, they shouldn't even ask your age for confirmation. You're a 10-year-old."

Dowoon rolled his eyes.

"Where did that man go? Is he drinking all the alcohol there? Is he — " Younghyun gasped, " — Is he... stealing?!"

Dowoon sighed, closing his comics, and pulling his feet off the counter before standing up. He tossed his comic on the counter and went to the liquor aisle. He frowned when he turned the corner. The man wasn't there.

Dowoon peeked into the next aisle and blinked. The man was frozen there standing in front of all the snacks. He already had a bunch of snacks in his arms. He can barely hold them all. Some were threatening to fall. He was staring at a certain snack.

Dowoon carefully approached him, "Hello, can I help?"

The man snapped his head over to him, surprised, "Oh, hi. Good evening. Actually, yeah, please help me. I just want that one snack over there."

The man desperately pointed a finger to the snack he was staring at 10 minutes ago. Dowoon approached him and grabbed the snack. His hand extended to him. Dowoon grabbed a few of the snacks from his arms and the man giggled.

"Thank you," he said.

Dowoon led him to the counter, putting all the snacks on the conveyor belt. Younghyun stood up and rolled the conveyor belt. He took the snacks to scan them for their price while he glanced at the man who walked to the other side, pulling out his wallet.

Dowoon also walked to the other side to put the snacks in a paper bag.

"That'll be ₩7, 200," said Younghyun.