Prologue

All canon pairings EXCEPT: One-sided Stucky, Brutasha was one-sided, and even that's only barely, possibly some other non-canon relationships as it goes on, only if while watching these I notice any characters giving each other the love interest looks (like Bucky gives Steve) but they (and Captain Marvel) I think are the only queer coded characters.

ALSO, yes Bucky doesn't like Peggy very much cause reasons but Agent Peggy Carter is a badass who doesn't deserve hate (I get jokes, I make jokes about her as far as Stucky goes too, but that's different than actual hate.) I've heard the thing about her being based on a Nazi, but if you just look at who she is in the MCU that doesn't apply.

The reactions will not be short enough to fit where they are supposed to, but you aren't reading this for the script, you want their reactions, so FUCK reality. If they have a three-minute conversation between a five-second pause in dialogue I don't wanna hear it.

This is a safe book for all Marvel fans, I won't be hating on any of the characters specifically, though they do sometimes make dumb decisions and will call each other out on that equally.

Happy reading :)

Quick note—A lot of people write Bucky as being really good at keeping his emotions off his face, but that's not true. Yeah, he's somewhat expressionless as the Winter Soldier (even then not really) but you can read so many emotions off his face, so I'm writing him that way. 

Sam and Doctor Strange met up for the first time since Thanos.

"Hey, good to see you man," Sam said, shaking Strange's hand.

"Likewise."

They sat down across from each other at the small café they had chosen to meet at. They had gotten in contact a couple of weeks ago, and the conversation eventually shifted to how desperately all of them needed therapy. One thing led to another, and Sam thought, hey, if we can't fix it for ourselves, maybe we can fix it for another timeline. Strange was reluctant at first since it would have to involve messing with time, and he had done enough of that to last him an eternity, but he eventually agreed to at least talk about it.

"You thought any more about what I said?" Sam asked.

Strange nodded. "I have. It would require precise timing and planning to work properly. There's a lot that could go wrong with this. For one thing, we might just mess things up more than they already are."

"And we would have no way of knowing," Sam said. "So, they show up, we talk, we send 'em back, and hopefully it doesn't all go to shit."

Strange nodded. "It's what they do with the information we give them that will make the difference.

"Maybe some of them we just pull in from now. Like Spider-Man? I think he might have had some sort of close relationship with Stark, and it'd do him some good to see him again. Bucky, he'd like to see Steve, I think. Or maybe he wouldn't, we haven't really talked about how he feels about Steve right now."

"Wanda should be from the past," Strange added. "She needs to see what she became so she can avoid it."

Sam nodded. "Clint?"

"Past, he should see Ronin."

They eventually decided that Peter, Bucky, Thor, Rhodey, and themselves would be from the present, and Tony, Natasha, Steve, Pietro, Vision, Wanda, Loki, T'Challa, Clint, and Bruce, would be from the past.

"It will have to be 2015, in the middle of the Ultron fight," Strange added. "That's the only time when Pietro and Vision are both alive."

"We can't just take them from different times?"