The First Avenger Part 1

I am so so so so sorry... my sister had a baby and we've been in Missouri and I had three weeks to learn 11 pieces of music perfectly and learning new equipment for the electric viola I just got... it's been hectic and I haven't written anything in like a month. Here you go, very very late   :/

If you notice any mistakes or weird wording or whatever PLEASE tell me so I can fix it, thanks y'all :)

Are you the guys from Washington?

You get many other visitors out here?

"This doesn't look like 40s tech," Tony commented.

Steve nodded his agreement. "You're right. I'm not sure what this is."

How long you been on-site?

Since this morning. A Russian oil team called it in about 18 hours ago.

How come nobody spotted it before?

It's really not that surprising. This landscape's changing all the time.

You got any idea what this thing is exactly?

I don't know. It's probably a weather balloon.

I don't think so.

You know, we don't have the equipment for a job like this.

How long before we can start craning it out?

I don't think you quite understand. You guys are gonna need one hell of a crane.

Steve's eyes widened. "That's the Valkyrie."

Thor furrowed his eyebrows. "I do not think—"

"It's the name of the ship," Bucky explained. "Schmidt named it, probably, and he was obsessed with you guys."

Thor nodded. "Ah."

Base, we're in.

What is this?

Careful.

Lieutenant!

What is it?

My God.

"What is it?" Peter asked.

Clint smirked. "What do you wanna bet it's the Captain?"

Base, get me a line to the Colonel.

MAN ON RADIO: it's 3:00 a.m., sir.

I don't care what time it is. This one's waited long enough.

"There he is!" Tony exclaimed. "Welcome back to the world of the waking, Capcicle."

Steve sighed and rolled his eyes. Bucky snorted.

"'Capcicle'?"

"Shut up," Steve muttered.

The scene changed to an old building.

"There's the 40s," Rhodey said.

Natasha raised her eyebrows. "We sure? Looks more like early 1800s."

"It's just an old-style church," Steve explained. "We still have things like that now, that look a few centuries out of date."

YOUNG MAN: They've come for it!

OLD MAN: They have before.

YOUNG MAN: Not like this.

OLD MAN: Let them come. They'll never find it.

SCHMIDT: Open it!

Quickly, before he...

The wall caved in when one of Schmidt's machines slammed into it, falling down on the young man.

Wanda and Pietro both flinched. Falling rubble didn't bring back the fondest memories.

"Is he dead?" Wanda asked in horror.

The old man moved a piece of rubble that had hit the young man, revealing him to be lifeless.

"Seems so," Bruce said. "This guy seems pleasant."

"Yeah, he's a real saint," Bucky agreed.

SCHMIDT: It has taken me a long time to find this place. You should be commended. Help him up. I think that you are a man of great vision. And, in this way, we are much alike.