Part 6

Bourou Village,  Watatsumi Island

y/n breathed in what seemed like a flashing light to them. It all came to their mind... all the dreadful things that they never ever wanted to lay a single particle of thought on again. They thought they'd forgotten. They thought they'd forgotten.... of the great hero of the unknown world, that that passed the inexplicability of even Enkanomiya. Of all the things that happened while....he was there.

At that moment, they wanted to escape these cursed memories once and for all. Find an exit of true light that took them away from all of this..

"...me away...."

y/n kneeled up.

"take me...."

"No! Don't!"

"it's too late....."

"I will never let myself waver..."

"......let them do what they want, it's not anyone's concern....."

They snapped out of their trance.

"So everything hasn't been destroyed...what a relief." they sighed.

"Uh...y/n? Are you OK? You seemed to be in a lot of pain??" Mika (NOT THAT MONDSTADT GUY) whispered.

"Yes.... but in the depths of the great sea..."

Mika became confused.

y/n continued, "Mika, I think... I might be away for a short while; I might have some important work to do? Thanks.." 

"y/n?"

"See you!" they waved. 

"y/n..."

y/n's pov

I feel bad for leaving them....although this was merely a pleasure trip, I can always come back...

However I have actual work. I feel something stirring in the deep seas once again. As much as I'd love to ignore this, I just can't.. Because this is the reason I have been born. 

So I'll start my journey of the Deep. I never thought it would happen in this way...

🔅FLASHBACK🔅

"y/n/n! y/n/n! What are you doing out in the rain? Come back inside!"

"I think...I feel something! Is my Journey ever going to start??"

"Don't be silly y/n/n.  You're far too young. Now, be a good person and come back inside, will you?" 

"Just a few more minutes, please!!!"

"Sigh, okay. Just 5 more minutes."

"5? What's 5?"

"Um, well it's a numb- uh never mind. Come back in one flick of a Bathysmal Vishap's tail." She raised her hand, slightly.

"Okay!"

young y/n ran off, away from the house. they started to shudder as they felt the presence of something electrifying. they were not a true traveler yet, hence they could not know whether danger was their way. 

Eventually, she came to a large lair. Said lair was very eerie, with many stalactites and stalacmites. It almost looked like the head of a large creature.

Little did they know, they were never to come back.

Back in the present

y/n ran across the village, passing a merchant.

"Ritou isn't importing us enough. The price is only little on a black market, so there is no need to increase the price like this as long as we have food. Food itself is scarce in this area anyway, so we may as well make everything cheap."

...Ritou? y/n felt like they had definitely heard that name before. They were pretty sure someone told them about it. All they knew was it was a place near Narukami Island.  Nevertheless, they felt like that was one of the steps to take on the suddenly twisted stairs of their journey. 

One thing is, they seemed to have forgot about Sangonomiya Shrine.

A/N: Hey guys sorry again! I didn't know whether I should have progressed the story any further, and I didn't know the reason I put that y/n forgot abt the shrine. Plus, you know when you read fics, you feel like y/n isn't you, but they're more this character that is built to be like you?? I don't really know how to explain it in a perfect way so! Thank you soo much for all the reads byee <33